How many cat-lovers are also vegetarians or animal rights supporters?

lisar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not a vegetarian, and I do not support animal rights groups. I am 100% animal welfare. We should protect animals. As the #1 predator on the planet we need to watch what we are doing.

As far as raising animals to eat I have no problems with it myself. Raising animals to eat them is something we started doing hundreds of years ago. As someone who eats meat, I do not see any problems with eating an animal. After all when you eat plants you have to sever them from their roots so you are "killing" the plant as well. I do not see it being any different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salsero71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads-up Strange Wings!
Think for the moment (as I'm not working) I won't be throwing money at any of the AR groups, but I'm happy to sign on-line petitions when I'm sure they're from reputable organisations, if it shows the governments of the world that some people care! However PETA do seem to be a good online resource regarding non-animal-testing companies...although they're mainly US or UK based (I live in Ireland).

Will deffo do more research bout the raw diet...I'm currently 'clueless' and here in Ireland there are very few forums where I can find out from other cat lovers about raw diets. Think I'll start by at least introducing canned wet food into their diet.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by salsero71

Think I'll start by at least introducing canned wet food into their diet.
Definitely do! A lot of us here choose to at least do a mix of dry and wet meals, and some do all wet. I think it's just safer UT wise and gives the cats pleasure since all of mine love their wet food.

Oh, and if you have the RSPCA there, too. They're a mixed bag. They started out more in welfare and still cover a lot of that, but in the 80s they started having turn over in the higher ups and those with more extreme views have since moved in. They do have AR motives. I suggest you look for a smaller group welfare group to support that you can see where you money is going.