How Far Along Her Pregnancy Is My Cat?

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat got pregnant, and I was wondering how long she has been pregnant/how long she has left. She has been sleeping a lot more lately, and her eating has increased. If I watch carefully, I can see the kittens moving around. She doesn't have much of a bump on her belly while laying down, but while standing, she looks fatter (No offence kitty:) Thanks in advance!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have you been able to see the kittens moving? Once you can see them it is usually 2-3 weeks left!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been seeing the kittens move a lot this week, and there is a strange bubbly noise coming from her stomach. Sadly, I don't know when she got pregnant though.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to keep your girl inside and away from intact males 100% of the time now?

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes, she is inside now 24/7, unless i am with her outside, and am watching her. She doesn't really look like she even wants to go outside.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t let her outside at all now. It’s not safe.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter has weaned?

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think that I will spay her, but we can keep control of her going outside.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaying is really important for her health. Unspayed cats are at risk for pyometria, an infection of the uterus, with each heat. She is also at increased risk for reproductive cancer with each heat. You may also find that it's impossible to keep her in, and that she is uncomfortable.

Please reconsider, and let us know if we can address any specific concerns.

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday my cat got a cold. She sniffles a bit, and sneezes sometimes. Is this a problem for her pregnancy?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't plan to spay my cat simply because of what is said on this page. Is It Always the Right Thing to Spay or Neuter a Cat? | Catster
This is one article amidst a huge amount of facts and opinions on the subject.
And it is important to know that this site is pro spay and neuter.

In cases of the Pregnant Cats and Kittens forum we are more concerned about the welfare of the mother and kittens and will usually suggest a spay after the kittens are born, without pushing the issue. However if you do wish to push the idea of keeping cats intact, you will definitely meet resistence on TCS. It's difficult for those members who are well-versed in this area, but they care about the well-being of all cats and I believe will do their best to help with advice with her pregnancy.

It's good that you can keep her inside.. That's really important.

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for saying that. I don't want to tell anyone that they are wrong. I just think a bit differently, but I don't want to offend anyone that just wants to help.

Twixy_the_Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant that I agree with the points she makes against spaying and neutering cats.