How do you deal with cat shamers

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do you do it,all these old people in my society pass comments bout my cat insidiously,everytime I am with me cat they go "one shouldn't pet cat,they are bad omen,omg they pet cats,who Pets a cat,ohhhh myyyy goooddddd you should spend more time on yourself,cats have creepy insects emerging on their skin" and the looks and scoffs the wicked smile, mostly it's jobless old aunts,but I am so annoyed by these stuff. How do you deal with it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say " I'm sorry you have a problem with them. I don't. "
And smile at them soooo nicely.
Trust me I tried doing the same thing but this old lady only went on to argue with me more laughing and stuff way to ruin someone's morning

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You don't. Walking away is all that's required.

Years ago, we lost our wonderful Da-Pumpkin Boy. I found out later that one of my "best friends" said, "OMG! It's just a cat!" I haven't spoken to her since. She came into my office one day and asked me what was going on. So I told her. In no uncertain terms. She is not a person I want to spend time with. She is not a person I want to be friends with. She looked at me, got up, and walked out. And that was that.

Life is too short to deal with people like that. Walk away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Saikachu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can either speak your piece to try and enlighten them BUT if they're set in their ways and it won't make a difference just ignore them and walk away. It's their loss, not yours!
Idk man ppl are hella weird here,my neighbor just adopted a puppy yesterday,his cousins were walking the puppy, it pet it like 3-4 times and it's owner asked his cousin to not let the puppy interact with me he will get habituated 🙄 like what the.......so absurd, when he took him out for walk again he was jumping towards me to get some pets and he was like "NO!!!" *SIGHS*

Last edited:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait for the next time they comment about my cat. Then I would turn to them and smile and tell them i don't think my cat likes you either but i dont hear the cat complaining. I once said the same but dog to a gentleman who thought it was a good idea to say he didn't like that dog to his freind, knowing I would hear what he said. My reply shut him up and had his freind laughing at him telling him that told you.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep showing up with my cat and ignore every word that she'd say as if she isn't there. But in case I get fed up, I'd ask her,

"What is that darned hairy thing that just crawled out from your ear?"

Of course, it isn't true, but at least I'd enjoy the expression in her face. Epic.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your country has some generational hate for cats going. I would just respond “my what a uniformed opinion, I guess one expects that from your age group.” With a big dramatic sigh! Or “wow the crap your generation believes!” About fleas i would respond “no dog or cat of mine has fleas, I know how to take care of my pets!”

I tease my dad sometimes that my cat knows more tricks then his dog! Which finally got him to train her to sit and to apparently dance for treats! 🤣