How do I get ants to leave my house without killing them?

csts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seconded on the baby powder. I have a slight gap where my side door (it's a French door that leads to the dining room and kitchen) and the threshold meet, which is where the ants were coming in. I sprinkled a fairly thick layer of baby powder across the threshold, and actually saw the ants who were about to come in turn around and leave! I haven't had a problem with them since, this year. I also sprayed white vinegar on the tile floors to erase the ant trails.

If any powder gets on the cats, you can just brush it off. I usually have to brush and Furminate my kitties more often this time of year due to the extreme heat (I live in the desert where it stays at 100-130℉ during the day from May to October), so it's not extra work for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I quite frankly care if I kill the ants,.

They are tiny and annoying.

Now that they are leaving my cupboards slowly now quicker.

They only have my cats feeding dish left.

I wake up in the am have to throw out their food.

Its nuts, they only like dry food.

What am I suppose to do now not feed my boys/cats,,,,

I work so I have to leave them food out.

So frusterated

Please any suggestions
I've found that if I leave the food down overnight, the ants don't get into it. And I pick it up in the morning.  Do you have to leave food down during the day, or can you just make sure they eat before you pick the food up?  I work too, but I feed them when I get home and then leave some dry down overnight for them.  Mostly they sleep during the day anyway.