How did I end up here?!

mama grizzly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello everyone! This site has been an invaluable source of information to a clueless cat parent like myself.  Thank you so much. I've been "peeking out from under the sofa" since last September.  It's long past time that I come out of my hiding place.

We are currently caring for five 8 month old kitties (3 boys and 2 girls) from the same litter, who I affectionately call the Little Rascals.  By the end of next week, I will only have 3 or 4 but that's a topic for another forum. 

The short version of how we ended up with 5 cats is similar to several stories I've read on this site.  Mama Cat shows up on our front porch (we didn't know she was expecting at the time) and starts hanging out around our house.  I thought she was someone's outdoor kitty but once it became apparent that she didn't have a home (and after a lot of begging from my teen), I accepted the fact that she'd chosen us to look after her (and her soon-to-be litter). 

We were able to found a program that would accept Mama Cat a few months ago.  Two of the kittens are enrolled in another program to help rehome them as well.  Everybody is fixed and up to date on vaccines.  Woohoo! 

I don't know what I would've done without my coworkers (several have multi-cat houses) and the TCS community. 

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi.  Going back under the sofa again.

(The picture is older but it's hard to get all five of them together at the same time now.) 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and please do not go back under the sofa!  
  Bless you for taking Mama-to-be in and giving her a safe, comfortable home to have her babies.  And double bless you for having them neutered and finding homes for them.  They are absolutely adorable and I can imagine they are a lot of fun.  Chaotic, but fun!  You've obviously done very well in your role of cat-parent, judging by those healthy rolly poly little babies there!  Are you keeping any?  

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I often wonder that myself...
  It's great to have you here, and I LOVE that cat pic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mama grizzly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How many to keep is actually my dilemma right now.  We are for sure keeping 3: Lelani, Koa, and Kai.  Lelani is my teen's pick.  Koa is the largest black/white. He's my purring, drooling alarm clock. No way can I give that up!  Kai (gray tabby) is my shy guy and I felt he probably wouldn't be a good candidate for adoption. He's such a sweetheart but skittish.  Although, he did let my dad hold him and pet him the other day so that's progress.  I'm very protective of him and we have a good, solid bond so Kai is staying too. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Please keep us update on the antics of Lelani, Koa and Kai.  It's great they've found a forever home with you!