How Can I Prevent My 3 Months Old Kitten From Pissing In My Bed?

Sora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings.
Look. During christmas holidays, I stayed in my father's house for 2 weeks, I only had 35 days spent with my kittens before leaving. My mom took care of them during those 2 weeks. Before leaving my house, they always slept in my bed and never peed on it.
However, when I came back to my house, both sofa and bed smelled like cat's piss. I didn't minded it at first, I thought that it was something very old that went unnoticed.
However, one day one of my kittens, in my own face ran to my bed, peed on the pillow, did the burying motion and kept going with his business.
I haven't allowed him to enter my room. But one day, my mom left the door open, the cat entered, and in fact pissed in the bed again.
Since I don't allow him to enter my room, I sometimes go out and spend some time with them, and pet them and let them sleep on my lap. He only pisses in my bed, he sleeps in my mom's bed, in the chairs, in the living room's sofa, in another bed, but never pees there. Only in my bed if he gets the opportunity.
He is not neutered if that helps (3 months old).
Why does this happens and how can I stop it?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, get a good enzymatic cleaner, and THOROUGHLY clean both the bed and the sofa with it. This will take a bit of doing, but it can be done. The smell attracts them back to the same places again and again. The enzymatic cleaner with make sure that they can't smell it any more.

As to why it happened, you left. You had become the "safe haven" for the kittens, and they were seeking comfort. Your bed smells more like you than any other place in your house. They were lonely for you, and were marking that place that smells so much like you as their own, to comfort themselves. After all, they didn't understand that you would come back. They just missed you. You might consider placing a litter box in your room, that will help, but the biggest thing is the cleaning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're welcome. Knowing why does help keep it in perspective, doesn't it? Let me know how things are going.