Host A Screening Of "the Cat Rescuers" At Your Local Theatre!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received email about this today and thought TCS readers might want to know about it, too. In addition to hosting screenings, we can also share the trailer and the info about hosting on our social media accounts. It's an excellent way to increase exposure for the cats and their rescuers, and encourage interested people to get involved in TNR/TNVR/RTF/caring for feral/stray/street/community/outdoor/free-roaming cat colonies.

https://www.tugg.com/titles/the-cat-rescuers

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got to dig into this! Looks like it could be interesting---although I know nothing about this "Tugg" system - - so I hesitate to recommend utilizing that until I've looked into how it works monetarily, etc. I have heard good things about the documentary though!!!

I'll do some digging and save everyone else having to do that.

Also meant to note (may put this a separate thread and see if anyone else has come across this) - - saw the trailer the other day for a documentary called "Kedi" from 2016. It's available on Amazon Video, is Turkish, and is described like this:

"In the city of Istanbul, there are more than just human inhabitants. There are also the stray domestic cats of the city who live free but have complicated relationships with the people themselves. This film follows a selection of individual cats as they live their own lives in Istanbul with their own distinctive personalities."

Needless to say it caught my eye because I don't see many movies (documentaries or otherwise!) about feral kitties! Would love to hear if anyone's seen it!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to dig into this! Looks like it could be interesting---although I know nothing about this "Tugg" system - - so I hesitate to recommend utilizing that until I've looked into how it works monetarily, etc. I have heard good things about the documentary though!!!

I'll do some digging and save everyone else having to do that.

Also meant to note (may put this a separate thread and see if anyone else has come across this) - - saw the trailer the other day for a documentary called "Kedi" from 2016. It's available on Amazon Video, is Turkish, and is described like this:

"In the city of Istanbul, there are more than just human inhabitants. There are also the stray domestic cats of the city who live free but have complicated relationships with the people themselves. This film follows a selection of individual cats as they live their own lives in Istanbul with their own distinctive personalities."

Needless to say it caught my eye because I don't see many movies (documentaries or otherwise!) about feral kitties! Would love to hear if anyone's seen it!
"KEDI" is one of my all-time favorite films. I saw it when it came out in the US, in a very nice independent theatre that used to be my favorite (when I was able to go to movies a lot). It's magical and realistic at the same time. Turkey (and much of the West Asian world) has a long tradition of respect for the cat which the rest of the world would do well to learn from. I'm not saying everyone there is kind, but the people in this film are. And the cats? They're "characters"! The cinematography is beautiful, as is the soundtrack. I strongly encourage everyone who loves cats to see this film and tell their cat-loving friends, family and co-workers about it!

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Turkey (and much of the West Asian world) has a long tradition of respect for the cat which the rest of the world would do well to learn from. I'm not saying everyone there is kind, but the people in this film are.
In ancient times enemies of Egypt actually took advantage of their love of cats/worshipping Bastet and there are accounts that during war, invading armies would release cats in front of their soldiers which would make the Egyptians hesitant/afraid to attack so they do not hurt the cats. This of course would make Egyptians soldiers much more likely to be killed since they could not fight all out or use archers as effectively.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - high praise from a big cat-lover like yourself!!!!!! Hubby showed me the trailer awhile ago 0 0 ASJ

You helped me sway my decision - - - we'll download it thru Amazon Video with Amazon Prime! We thought we might buy it, but own too many movies (going to see movies is our one big "break from life") so if we can get it thru Amazon to rent it - think we'll do that! (less chance it'll end up in the waaaay too deep "we'll watch it soon" drawer).

And tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i'm going to dig more for the one (or dig more through the sight) you recommended thru the Tugg site. Thanks for pointing it out. Might even make a nice fundraiser for the cat shelter I volunteer for!

That's part of why I love this site - - SO many people with so much different knowledge!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - high praise from a big cat-lover like yourself!!!!!! Hubby showed me the trailer awhile ago 0 0 ASJ

You helped me sway my decision - - - we'll download it thru Amazon Video with Amazon Prime! We thought we might buy it, but own too many movies (going to see movies is our one big "break from life") so if we can get it thru Amazon to rent it - think we'll do that! (less chance it'll end up in the waaaay too deep "we'll watch it soon" drawer).

And tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i'm going to dig more for the one (or dig more through the sight) you recommended thru the Tugg site. Thanks for pointing it out. Might even make a nice fundraiser for the cat shelter I volunteer for!

That's part of why I love this site - - SO many people with so much different knowledge!!!!!!!!
I would say, if you really love a good but realistic, beautiful film about cats, that this one belongs in your library. Just sayin' (Shameless plug).
And I can't think of a better film for your fundraiser than, "THE CAT RESCUERS". Might even get some of the viewers out there trapping and TNRing (if they don't already).