Horrible Flea Problem Solved!

bethanney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, all! I hope to help others that are suffering as much as we were last year with a flea infestation. I have 2 cats, one is elderly, sensitive to meds & strictly indoors. The other goes outside and brought home a little tabby friend, who was left behind when his owners moved. So, actually, I have 3 cats now, lol. I am on a limited income so I had to find a cost-effective treatment. I ordered some Advantage online and it was as effective as dripping water on them. I did a lot of research as my old guy is very sensitive to meds and I finally found a combination that seems to work magic. Every month, I dose with Guardian One, which is lufenuron & nitenpyram, which I ordered online from a local Florida company www.theguardianpets.com for about $30 for 13 pills. The combo kills the adult fleas for about 48 hours and renders the flea eggs unviable for 30 days. Whenever they start scratching, I dose them with 12mg nitenpyram I bought from www.happypetlabs.com for $20 for 50 pills. Nitenpyram is completely safe and usually lasts about 48 hours killing adult fleas, but it can be given daily if needed.
With my senior guy, I half the capsules (both medicines are capsule form, so they’re a little tricky but manageable). I stuff them in a Pill Pocket and feed in a mound of treats to disguise the Pill Pocket. I live in North Florida and we’re not quite at peak flea season but I have only found a random flea when I used to find tons.
Customer service was fantastic with both companies! I can’t recommend them enough and hope this helps others in their quest to be flea-free!