Hope Right Please My Cat Is Brest Feeding A Nearly One Year Only Car

Dragonmistres666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I’m not sure if this is the right place but I have a cat we rehomed her kittens a week ago today and she has started breastfeeding my nearly 1 year old cat and I really don’t know how to stop them Iv trued seperating them putting things over my cats tummy but nothing is stopping the please help as my Nearly 1 year old has stopped drinking her water and cat milk because of it and she now has soft toilet

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you made arrangements to spay your cat? That will help.

It’s not harmful for your other cat to nurse. She also doesn’t need to drink cat milk.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It isn't uncommon at all, either. We have one member whose cat is nursing on his dog...who started producing milk! AND the dog is spayed. They're content with the arrangement, and no, it doesn't hurt a thing,

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old were her kittens? If they were too young she may be very uncomfortably engorged, which is why she's letting the other cat nurse.

It doesn't hurt anything for the other cat to nurse. She'll cut him off when she's had enough of it. Usually after she's spayed she won't let him do it for long. Although if the vet wants to wait until the milk glands have dried up to spay her (this isn't necessary but some vets prefer it), you might have to separate them.