Honey Bun Cake

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I thought I'd share this recipe....it's from allrecipes.com and is one of DH's favorite cakes. This is the cake that I send to my friend in Minnesota about four times a year. And he says that when he unpacks the box and takes the cover off the cake, he gets a spoon and a large glass of milk and digs right in!

Absurdly easy to make. Very sweet....if you need a sweet fix, this is the cake for you.

This is one of three times I use a cake mix. The other two times are when I make a Caramel Fudge Cake (chocolate cake mix) or a Lemonade Party Cake (lemon cake mix).

Honey Bun Cake

1 (18.25 oz.) pkg yellow cake mix
3/4 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon (I use more b/c DH likes cinnamon)
2 c. confectioners' sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream. Stir by hand approximately 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone. Pour half of the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.

Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan. Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar and cinnamon. Swirl the cake with a knife until it looks like a honey bun.

Bake in the preheated over for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting on the cake while it's still warm. Serve warm.

Yield: 24 servings

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yea, I am going to copy that! My DH has a sweet tooth a mile long! And the recipie looks so easy. Nothing weird either that you have to run to the store for.

thanks!!