Home schooling.. Australia style

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So cute and they're such a smart breed. :redheartpump: My daughter's dog is part Australian Shepherd.
The funny thing about the Australian Shepherd is that it's a breed that seems to have been developed in America. They're not at all common here. They do, though, look a lot like one of our main working dogs, the Border Collie which is the one here with the puppies.
The other one we tend to use here as farm working dogs is the Australian Kelpie. Both highly intelligent, and unfortunately often found at rescues as people get them without doing their homework and can't manage their energy needs. :(

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The funny thing about the Australian Shepherd is that it's a breed that seems to have been developed in America. They're not at all common here. They do, though, look a lot like one of our main working dogs, the Border Collie which is the one here with the puppies.
Coincidental that you should mention that since we think my daughter's dog is part-Aussie and part-Border Collie, Now I'm off to find a pic for you.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Farm collie! Meaning, a mix of any and/or all of the herder breeds ;). Although some breeders have standardized them into the English Shepherd.

One of my dogs had her DNA test come back as half Treeing Walker Coonhound, 1/8 Border Collie, 1/8 Australian Cattle Dog, 1/8 Australian Shepherd, and 1/8 Collie. So I refer to her as half coonhound half farm collie. Another is (no DNA test but my guess) half ACD and half Beagle. One is a purebred Rough Collie. Only the Chihuahua isn't a herder, lol.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWHHH! The puppies are learning the ropes from their Momma. I Love Australian Shepard and Border Collies, but thought I bring up another Sheep dog from Andorra--The Great Pyrenees. These dogs are raised with the sheep when puppies, so they become a fierce protector of the sheep. They will give hell to any predator who attacks the sheep they were raised with. ❤❤❤
c026ee83321b4d3695c1164a3b9e6125.jpg