Holland must have spent Easter sleeping...

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my mom's house last night and stayed overnight to spend Easter with my family. Holland was alone in the house for a little over 24 hours. Well, when I got home I fed her, hoping I could take the time she was eating to unpack my overnight bag. Not so. She gulped down a little of her food and then started racing around the place.

She finally finished eating while I booted up my computer, then insisted that we play. So about 15 minutes with her ribbon & bell wand, 15 minutes of fetch, 15 minutes of laser, and 15 minutes of her fleece wand. Then she gave me a break so I could check my e-mail by running around like a crazy cat for about 20 minutes. Then some more fetch. We are going on almost 2 hours of crazy, hard play. At least she'll sleep well tonight!!

Oh, excuse me, gotta go - I have a mousie to throw...

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you and Holland are having lots of fun! She will sleep very well!! She is just as demanding about play time as Neko is! Neko loves fetching, laser pointer, and the fleece wand too! Holland and Neko would be best buds

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hearing about Holland
and all of her wacky antics...

I wasn't gone for as long as you were, but I certainly wasn't home as much as usual -- what with going to church this morning, then going to the greenhouse with friends to see the Easter lily gardens, and then being at a friend's house for an early dinner. But, my kitties must've rested up while I was gone because they behaved very similarly to Holland when I returned home!

Let's see, I immediately fed them when I got home (and they ate), but they gulped it down quickly and then they were all over me. I played with them for a good 30-45 minutes and they seemed tired (as was I) and so I laid down to try to take a nap. Apparently, that was not a good idea. They're usually all pretty good if I'm trying to sleep, but not so today. Cassidy was playing with my hair, Emory kept getting into everything, Delaney was meowing for me to play with her, and Finn attacked me each time I moved a muscle. Obviously, I got no sleep and we wound up playing quite a bit more. We played Da Bird, with the laser, with Cass and Em's new toys, and I even tried to load them up on catnip
. And, while they took a quick power nap this evening, they're up and ready to go again. I'm hoping that if I do another 15-20 minutes of hard play, they'll sleep well tonight, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Here's to hoping that we both are able to get some sleep tonight...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's 11:00 - four hours after I got home - and she isn't showing signs of slowing.
About an hour ago she was busying herself climbing up my entertainment center, so I took the opportunity to get a glass of orange juice and curl up in my big comfy chair with a book. Not too long after, she went into my bedroom and I thought she was actually going to start calming down, until she ran out like a bat out of hell, onto the end table to the back of my chair, sending OJ flying everywhere!!! I think the 15 minutes she spent watching me clean up her mess was the only time she's sat still since I've been home.
I couldn't get too mad at her, since this is the girl who would barely play until I got her poor painful mouth fixed...

It's like watching a kid who's just eaten an Easter basket full of candy... except I'm still waiting for the sugar crash.
Oh well, I'm going to bed!!