Holidays and recent pet loss

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Karen 1121 I believe this quote from the bible sums it up nicely

Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21 AMP
Though all creatures are subject to man's cruelty, God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom.

Not that I think cats are lesser creatures.
There's also this scripture I recall:

Romans 8:19, 20, 21

For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Who is the subject here?  It's the creation, of course animals, even vegetation, plants, tree, and such, it would seem.  Although I'm agnostic for the moment (I hope that changes for the better some day) I still admire many sayings in the bible and this is one of them.  Also, if animals did not matter to God, why would he bother to inspire King Solomon to say this:

Proverbs 12:10

A righteous man  regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are  cruel.

These are only a few to speak of.  There are many others.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, I'm so very sorry for your loss. It is always difficult and it makes me sad that someone had to make it that much more difficult.

Not sure my thoughts on things exactly. I know I believe in reincarnation, and as someone else stated, I wouldn't want to be in a heaven that didn't include my pets. They are my life.

I lost my little ol' man a month ago tomorrow. Someone sent this to me in a condolence email. This feels very accurate to me.

And God asked the feline spirit

Are you ready to come home?

Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul

And, as a cat, I am most able

To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? Asked God.

Soon, replied the whiskered angel

But I must come slowly.

For my human friends are troubled.

For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? Asked God

That you'll never leave them?

That your souls are intertwined for all eternity?

That nothing is created or destroyed?

It just is... forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,

Replied the glorious cat.

For I will whisper into their hearts

That I am always with them

I just am...forever and ever and ever.

(Author unknown)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noah was instructed to bring a pair of every animal created onto the Ark. I would say that shows He had an affection for them.
Noah was instructed by God which shows, in my opinion, that animals do have souls.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have all read about dogs and cats who save their humans from danger.
Dogs and cats that know when their human is about to have a fit.
Dogs and cats that smell cancer before their human knows they are ill.
Seeing eye dogs who won't let their human cross the road even though they insist.
Dogs who know when a human will die.

Do you want to tell me that these animals have no souls?
Rubbish. And they are quite as clever as we are and know things we don't know.

I'm sorry for your loss but you will see your baby again, I have no doubt about that.
Hugs.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually said it wrong before.  Actually, the Latin word for "soul" is "anima".  Look it up, if you don't believe it.  So, it's actually correct to say animals ARE souls, not that they HAVE souls.  

IMO there is no argument, regardless what some pope says.  Sorry I know I said I didn't mean to be disrespectful but I truly have disdain for those in so-called authoritative positions like that who spread half-baked "dogma"  based on assumptions and tired religiosity, not truth.