Hole? Hard to explain

Deeskitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Before I start, I want you all to know that I’m trying my best to contact a vet but during this pandemic it is very difficult. I’d have to pay extra money to get an emergency visit which I have no problem with but they’re completely booked, I’m trying again tomorrow and hopefully I can get an appointment as soon as possible.

Okay, hello everyone. I wish we could meet under better circumstances. Today I noticed that my furbaby, Alexander had an odd wound on him. This might be a little graphic but I’ll be adding a photo at the end of this. Its like a laceration but there’s zero blood, I inspected it a bit and if you pull back on the skin (I didn’t touch the wound or anything near it, I just pulled a little bit of his skin back 3 or 4 inches away from the wound so I could get a better look) you could see inside of it. I’ve never seen anything like it before and it’s almost like a burrow. It’s a deeper wound than expected and surprisingly bigger than the opening. It’s really hard to describe. He also lost fur in that area, he licks it sometimes and I try to stop him but I don’t have a cone or anything so it’s difficult. I came to the forum for advice and any knowledge on what it could be. He’s an outside cat and he has a sister, he takes flea meds once a month but aside from that he’s not on medication. I’m trying to get a vet appointment as soon as possible so please bear with me!

Attachments

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks clean though? No blood or pus? My first thought would be an abscess or one of those botfly holes. Outside cats can have nasty abscesses under the fur from fights that go unnoticed until they burst so I wonder if that's it and he's been cleaning it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deeskitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks clean though? No blood or pus? My first thought would be an abscess or one of those botfly holes. Outside cats can have nasty abscesses under the fur from fights that go unnoticed until they burst so I wonder if that's it and he's been cleaning it?
I spoke to my veterinarian, she believes it’s a ruptured abscess but until I can bring him in she isn’t 100% sure. He does lick it sometimes but I don’t want the wound getting infected so I try to keep him off of it. I’ll get updates as soon as I can get him to her!