Hit And Killed A Cat With My Car, Should I Contact The Owner?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh I meant to mention if you do an online translation, try and have it double-checked. I did that once for German and assumed I was ok, I guess it was pretty awful.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went talked to the lady who owns the property where I placed the cat's body on. She told me the cat belonged to the people across the street, she said they only speak Spanish. I don't know any Spanish beyond the basic greetings so I'm not quite sure how to approach them. She told me that cat had jumped in front of her car a few times before and that she's had to slam on the brakes, poor kitty just didn't understand the danger of cars.
There are many things that are simply beyond the comprehension of cats, like when they punch things such as the vacuum cleaner to see how it will react. Their brains just can't grasp the dangers that await them they live among human civilization. Their wellbeing is the responsibility of the guardian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Californiacatboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are many things that are simply beyond the comprehension of cats, like when they punch things such as the vacuum cleaner to see how it will react. Their brains just can't grasp the dangers that await them they live among human civilization. Their wellbeing is the responsibility of the guardian.
Yeah it just isn't safe for them outdoors. I have a kitten who I don't let go out, he tries to get outside though, my roommates' cat is an outdoor cat and he's followed him outside a few times and now loves it. I had been trying to keep him from discovering the outdoors but he finally did. I'm trying to get him used to wearing a harness so I can take him out on a leash. I put the letter in their mailbox, a family friend who is fluent in Spanish helped me with it.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're awesome. Great thinking on the harness leash idea, also there's a mesh cat tent you could try if you don't want to/can't build any kind of a catio. Hang in there!!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I know some Spanish - Lo siento mucho is I am very sorry. Gato is cat.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're awesome. Great thinking on the harness leash idea, also there's a mesh cat tent you could try if you don't want to/can't build any kind of a catio. Hang in there!!
What is this mesh cat tent thing you speak of? Is it specifically for cats? I was just looking for something likes this on the internet earlier today (such a coincidence!) as I think it's a nifty idea to keep cats away from one's home reno projects, but all I can find are for babies and baby cribs...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - here's a picture; It was marketed as specifically for cats at the time that I got it, and I think it's still called cat mesh tent or something like that...

Attachments

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It might be too late, but I know Spanish if you need me to translate the letter, I would gladly do it.