Hints and tips needed!

Amysdrummer60

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I try to make a long story recently became an unexpected Foster someone threw a bunch of kittens out the back of a truck and a yard out in the country where I live with pit bulls in it so I saved them, that brings my total of cats too four cats seven kittens who I recently discovered I'll have ringworm I took them to a the vet.I don't like a lot of chemical , it's it seems almost impossible to hold $12 down one at a time and put ointment on them two to three times a day are there any suggestions that anyone may have to help me get through this without getting more gray hair thank you

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
How to Deal with Ringworm in Cats [Inc. the Housecleaning Regime] – TheCatSite Articles
Ringworm: A Serious but Readily Treatable Affliction
Ringworm in Cats
Ringworm and Cats: It's Not That Scary – The Barn Cat Lady

Welcome to The Cat Site and thank you for helping these kittens who would have had no chance alone. The articles above range from treatment to management and you might find something helpful as you glance over them. Ringworm can be handled, so don't panic. If the case does not appear to be limiting itself, I would use what ever the vet gave you. It is not like you are going to be using any of these products for the remainder of the cats' lives.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree that in the case of ringworm, I would treat them with whatever the Vet gave you,and you need to treat ALL the animals you have that have been in contact with them. If they gave you oral meds too, great! As far as the ointment goes, you may need to somehow identify each kitten...is that the issue, trying to figure out which one you have already applied the ointment to? Maybe you could get different color nail polish and paint just one claw so each one has an identifier. Or maybe one has a front right claw painted pink, and another their left front claw pink and so on. Then just scoop one up at a time, apply the ointment and look for another and do the same.

And THANK YOU for rescuing this bunch. They surely wouldn't be alive if you hadn't.