Hi!

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat's official name is Homer. After Homer Simpson, because as a kitten he experienced so many Duh! moments. It has evolved over time to KeyKeyDee, which is a shortened from Monkey combined with Idiot. He will be 2 in March, and shows no signs of slowing down. He appears to be a purebred old style Siamese. (seriously, they should have given the new Siamese a new name and let the real ones keep the old name)

I have had very many cats. My oldest baby lived to 21.
But after losing my last dog, I went petless for 7 years until His Royal Majesty showed up on my porch. I am retired now, so have nothing to do all day but wait on a cat.

This will be my first inside only forever cat. I have already completely screwed him up by trying to keep him intellectually challenged with puzzle toys. I make my own puzzle toys out of all kinds of things and he loves them. Unfortunately, I used Whiskas Tempations for the treats, and now that is all he will eat. I did not expect this, since I never had a finicky eater before.

But he seems healthy and happy and way too active and only sleeps about 6 hours a day and I really could use a nap. It is finally getting cold here so here is hoping for some sleep !

I am terrible with pictures, but here is a shot of him resting in his favorite position after tearing things up all over the house.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
C481372B-FE0A-48EA-8589-FFEA54541D52.gif
Kefa and Homer, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
C3404EC0-C6AF-4EB4-84A8-B693A0E5853D.gif

So sorry to hear about your doggy and your last cat did live a long time. Glad that Homer found you and you gave him a fur-ever warm and loving home.

We are glad that you’ve joined the site and I see that you’ve found your way around already but feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Also one or two articles to help you get around the site too :-

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Do post more photos of Homer for us to see.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A big welcome to you both. That's a cool pose he's pulling there. I made a similar food mistake with Oliver. He was quite happy with his kibble but I decided to treat him to some wet food one day. Now he will only eat wet and it costs a fortune. That said, I believe only kibble feeding is not the best for health so hey ho.
Please post lots of pics of HRH Homer/KeyKeyDee. :doh2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to the site. :hithere:
Homer sounds like he's a very active boy. Guessing you're never bored, though. :petcat:

About his Temptations addiction, have you spoken to his vet about the nutritional content. My guess is there might be something lacking in "treats" that is probably ok while Homer's young, but might need to be addressed as he gets older.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! I, too, have a Temptations addict who is quite capable of committing bodily harm when denied! Now, she will eat kibbles as well, thank goodness, but she MUST HAVE THOSE "TREETS."

What a pretty boy he is! And I love that pose!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! Boosh sure looks Mighty in his picture. I assume that is him in your avatar. Quite a cat!

Aww rubysmama, your avatar reminds me of Buster, my baby that had FELV. He lived 17 years.

And Mamanyt, what a beautiful face. I love multicolored cats.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome aboard! :wave3: I love that you named your guy after Homer Simpson. :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing more pics, hope you enjoy it here as it's a great cat forum with wonderful members.