hi :)

sweetblasphemy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I've lurked around on TCS forums here and there for a while whenever I'm looking for info but finally decided to take the plunge and officially join. I currently have 3 cats: 2 boys, Blackbeard (5 years) and Tesla (4 years) and a girl, Supra (4 years, the one in my avatar). Pixie (13), my family cat who we got when I was a teen is still alive and well, living with my parents at their house and even though she doesn't live with me now, she will always be my first baby. As I'm sure most of you can relate, my cats are my world (no interest in having human children) and I pretty much plan my life around them, no shame here, haha. I love all animals and have kept many rats in the past, and one day, when I no longer live in a one-bedroom 3rd floor apartment I hope to add lots more critters, large and small to my family.

So about two weeks ago, Supra was diagnosed with FHL and spent 4 days in the hospital while they stabilized her, ran blood tests and did an abdominal ultrasound. She came home for 2 days and by the morning of the 3rd it was clear she was backsliding quickly so I took her right back and they re-admitted her for another 4 days. This stay, they inserted an e-tube for her, did more tests, another abdominal ultrasound and a needle aspirate on her liver (to rule out cancer and tumors, thankfully). So far, all of the tests they ran to find the cause of her anorexia in the first place have come back fine. She's had no illnesses, infections, no changes to her environment or any stress factors of any kind so we are a bit puzzled as to why this came about, but I read that sometimes the cause may never be found.

Well, anyway this seems like a super positive community with lots of helpful information and a great support system. I look forward to meeting all of you :)

<3 SB

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site!

Supra is beautiful, I hope she feels better soon.

I would love to see pictures of your other babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetblasphemy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you! here's everyone:

Supra again

Tesla

Blackbeard (looking sinister)

my little old lady Pixie who I visit about once a week :)

and this is Gypsy, who I didn't mention earlier. I adopted her from a friend when she was around 12-14 although she was thought by us to be much younger until my current vet began treating her. She only spent a little over 2 years with me but in that time we forged one of the closest bonds I've ever known, that girl never left my side. In Nov 2011 she surrendered to her long, brave battle with renal failure. I still miss her more than I can even comprehend <3

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So weird. Your post sounded like me writing it! I, too, lurked around TCS for years before joining. I, too, have three cats (all senior boys). They are my world and my children. I have no interest in having little aliens, either. People told me that will change as I get older. Nope. Still prefer the cats. 

I'm so sorry to hear about Supra. I hope she recovers soon and starts eating!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetblasphemy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha, glad to know I'm not alone on that one! Same here, I keep hearing "no, no, one day the alarm on your bio-clock will go off and you'll want to start popping them out like it's your job"... yeah, I'm still waiting for that, haha.

Thank you, I'm sure I'll be around and updating on Supra every chance I get. I'm glad I finally found a place where people understand. I know my friends and family are sympathetic toward me and try to support me the way they know how, but I don't think they fully understand the extent of what I'm going through with her. So yeah, thanks for having me :)