Hi there

sarsoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm a new cat dad. I've been caring for a feral cat for around two years and she's basically become my outdoor cat. However, I adopted my very first cat on the 29th for emotional support shortly after losing my dad to cancer. Not only is this my first cat, she's my first pet of my very own. I've always grown up with dogs in the family but decided to get a cat instead since I don't feel like I have enough time and energy to invest in a dog. I'm very happy with my decision. Tala is a sweetheart, very smart, and just the right amount of playful. It only took a few days for her to show me that she loves me back. She's helping my anxiety, grief, and loneliness and I hope I'm helping her with whatever she's been dealing with. I'm hoping to give her the most fulfilling life I possibly can and came across this site while browsing for practices to best care for her. This seems like a pretty cool place so maybe I won't be shy and will stick around.

This is my outdoor cat, Patches.
patches.jpg
This is Tala.
tala.png

IronCladLou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So happy for you. We too started our life with cats by a relationship with a feral. The sad part is that at any time they can disappear and you never know the reason. That happened to us and so we ended up adopting a shelter cat and now have three. I agree that The Cat Site is the best cat information and support community on the web. I have to be careful sometimes as some posts and subjects can be tough on the heartstrings and emotions.
l might suggest a few YouTube channels that we follow and have found to offer good information and ideas:
Jackson Galaxy
All About Cats
9 Lives To Live
Jess Caticles
Owlkitty

And to quote Claire Lucat:
The most perfect cat in the world is one that “ Eats a lot Poops a lot and Runs around a lot “

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
93e47d87088201a7508b3422c48cf075.jpg
Sassoon, Patches and Tala, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
5b70ed3b0b9923ca4478ff12b1ee28dd.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Tala and for giving her a warm and a fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life and also taking care of Patches :clapcat:

Both Patches and Tala are beautiful. Do post more photos of Tala and Patches and we have a special thread for both of them here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and Tuxedo Cats ;) and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Since you you are a new cat owner, do read the articles below to orientate yourself on taking care of a cat.

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657

first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669

how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804

common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181

household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641

first-aid-for-cats.22464

cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397

the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457

how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Tala, and Patches! We're so glad that you are here, although I am grieved that it took a grief of your own to bring you to us. Kick back, get to know people. This is, in a very real sense, my "second family," the one of the heart, not the blood. It's just that kind of place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarsoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all again for the welcomes and kind words. I’ve been poking around the forums finding lots of helpful and interesting info. As well as lots of cute cats and friendly people!