Hi There

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

I just signed up for this site today, but I've been reading articles on it ever since I found my kitten Ares. He's a pretty cool boy, totally spoiled, but very friendly and outgoing. I'm hoping to be able to train him to go on walks with me as soon as I can find a harness that fits him. Until then, I've been trying to get him to learn to tolerate water. Loves playing in the sink and sitting in the "dry" part of the shower while I'm using it, but was definitely not a fan of his one bath so far. Although, he did enjoy being wrapped in a towel and held afterwards (he decided it made for good, although damp, nap time).

His favorite things are carrying around his teddy bear, waking me up at 3 am to snuggle my face (annoying and oh so endearing, although why he wants his mouth right by mine I don't know. Fresh air, kitty, fresh air!), and playing fetch with his mice.

My goals are to find the perfect cat litter (no dust, not stank, easy to clean) and making sure I'm feeding him the best diet I can. And of course to read about everyone else's kitty tales. :)

And now for some kitty pics...

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
80B631E1-56AF-47EB-A664-A234E6BAF1FA.png
Wenda and Ares, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
0DDC72FB-46E5-43F1-BC40-81B7E288EA3C.gif
to both of you.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Ares is s handsome boy! :lovecat2::lovecat: Do post more photos of him and we have special threads just for him here in :-
Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;)
Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here! and many fun threads to showcase your kitten here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you for the warm welcome and all those helpful links! Can't wait to check them out :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ares is such a cutie! I love that picture where he’s all stretched out and so relaxed! He looks like a very sweet kitty. :happycat:

I’m glad that you’ve joined our online community here on TCS, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :wave3:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

Ares is adorable. He sounds a bit like my friend's kitten, who also carries his toys around, and wakes her up in the middle of the night with his face right in hers. :catlove:

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys! Those sites will be very helpful.

I finally got Ares a harness that'll fit him. He's still trying to figure out what he thinks of it, but right after I put it on him I had him chasing mice and strings so he didn't have much time to try and wriggle out of it. Now he's playing by himself and pausing periodically to chew on it before pouncing his mice again. I hope he takes to it well because I'd love to try taking him on a walk when he's ready (and when the weather permits). I'm thinking next week if he is comfortable with the lead indoors. I know with puppies you let them free drag the lead and lure them into walking with treats. Then when they're comfortable you pick up the lead and continue to lure them with treats. I wonder if the same tactic will work with cats?

Also, I must say I love seeing everyone's profile kitty pictures. You guys have some cute babies!!!

Kid Indie

Samus Aran's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the community, I am new too but this place has been extremely helpful and resourceful I'm certain you'll be met w the same generosity. I mentioned this to you before but cool Orange, what breed is he? Also another member informed me about this thread especially for Orange kitties, check it out.
Let's See Your Orange/cream Females

Enjoy yourself!

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His color is sweet and he is cute...
I'm new here too, welcome to the community!
I once new a girl whose kitty where so beautiful and the color soo cute like yours that she couldn't spay him, she was afraid to spay the last cuttest kitty ever and end the generation of cute kitties.

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mentioned this to you before but cool Orange, what breed is he?
Thank you! I have no idea what breed he is lol. I always figured orange tabby, but I guess that's really not a breed.

His color is sweet and he is cute...
I'm new here too, welcome to the community!
I once new a girl whose kitty where so beautiful and the color soo cute like yours that she couldn't spay him, she was afraid to spay the last cuttest kitty ever and end the generation of cute kitties.
And a warm welcome to you too! Lol your post made me giggle. I bet your friends cat was pretty darn cute!