Hi There - New Cat Mom Here!

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Excited to finally be joining this forum!

I'm located in the tri-state area of the US-- NYC area to be exact. I was thrown into the (unplanned) world of feline parenting about 5 months ago when I rescued my little domestic shorthair tabby, Celeste, from under a moving car on a walk home from dinner one night with my girlfriend. She was six weeks old when we brought her home and a little ball of fluff. Luckily she sustained no serious injuries and nothing was broken -- just a little bald spot on one side of her mouth and in front of the ear -- the vet thinks it may have been some chemical burning. She healed slowly but surely and is now a fully functioning, six month old, spayed girl. :)

She's also in my avatar!

IMG_9928.JPG 14.jpeg

We recently decided to adopt a playmate for her, as we both work long hours, and she is kept strictly indoors due to living in an urban environment. Lo and behold, our second kitty -- Ramses -- the king of our abode. :) He's such a sweetheart; extremely silky fur, very cuddly and vocal, and was adopted from Best Friends NY, which is a reputable no-kill organization with great conditions for their animals. The two are roughly the same age (he is younger by a few weeks) and they get along very well, wrestling, grooming and sharing sleeping space with each other daily.

IMG_2557.JPG

My parents have had cats for my entire life, so I know a lot about their behaviors, but I've never been fully responsible for one until now. I'm still learning a lot (my parents weren't quite as educated) and trying to be the best cat mom I can be. This community seems full of great, knowledgeable cat lovers that can help!

Looking forward to reading and sharing our experiences with our feline friends here!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Celeste and Ramses! This is a wonderful community and you are sure to like it.

Funny, but Mingo also has smooth silky fur. I wonder if that's a characteristic of black cats? Black cats rock!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Celeste and Ramses are adorable!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-753330.gif
ramscic, Celeste and Ramses, on behalf of The Catsite community, warm
WelcomeCatBlackMat.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for saving Celeste and adopting Ramses from the shelter and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:
They are very cute looking kitties.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Celeste and Ramses are paws-itively adorable. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! And wow, thanks tabbytom tabbytom for all of that helpful info! I'll definitely be poking around.