Hi hi

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!

I am pretty new here. I asked two questions about adopting and sadly returning a cat before. But I've since been deep diving more into this site and I love everything about it!
A little bit about me
I am a 23 years old female, currently studying pedagogy. Hoping to work with troubled youth combined with animals in a few months.
I live in an apartment with my girlfriend.

Tomorrow we are going to meet a cat we are hopefully going to adopt if it is a match! Can't wait.
I'll post pictures and the name if we do decide to adopt her

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Good luck with the kitty adoption. :crossfingers: Fingers crossed for a good match. :petcat::catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
620315b2dd400a3725b9d7be2c73f2f2.gif
alysker and on behalf oThe Catsite community, a war
cat-and-welcome-sign-wall-decor.jpg
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Hope you get a good match for the kitty and when you do, please post photos of your kitty for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
PXL_20240203_120856108.jpg

Here she is! We are still deciding on a name based on her personality. She is very overweight though which we didn't expect. 6kg. I would love to slowly bring her back to a healthy 4 based on her size, she is quite the chonker. So timed feeding, feeding puzzels and no extra snacks it will be for a while.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and the adorable little Whatsherface! We'll be looking forward to learning her name when she tells you!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Miso is precious and I hope she acclimates to your home nicely. Although she already looks pretty comfortable in her surroundings.:wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Small one week update! She is very happy. Most of the time she enjoys just laying somewhere by herself. She gets zoomies about 3 times a day, she'll start using the scratching post, tilt her head back, meow loudly and then just run off. It's a little demonic but pretty cute. In the evening she likes to flop down on our laps and fall asleep there. She is still a bit scared of sounds so that'll make her go running to the door. And she still meows at night when we're in a different room. I want her to be able to sleep with us but not meow if we ever do lock her out for a few reasons xD. So I hope in another week or two she won't meow as much at night

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Possible she's meowing because she is left in a strange place by herself in the dark. Cats I have rescued do that though when my cats were younger they would play at night then let them in 30 min later

Last edited: