Hi from NC

Cat_Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I just found this forum by accident the other day and I'm so excited to be here. I'm a veteran cat mom but recently had to say goodbye to my almost 18 year old sweet KitKat. She was found by my friend at 3 weeks old after being abandoned by her feral mom. She was my shadow and loosing her was the most difficult thing I've ever experienced. Our house felt so empty with her gone and I knew for my mental health that I needed another kitty to love. I started looking at rescues in our area and that's where I found out 2 new girls, Olivia and Taffy.
We picked them up Saturday and they are such a joy and have made me so happy.
Olivia is a 2 years old domestic medium hair, she was rescued from the farm of an older man who was trying to help homeless cats but quickly got overwhelmed. When she came to the rescue she was sick and it was discovered that she had a rare to cats parasite. She's our shy girl but is starting to warm up to us and when she let's us pet her she had the loudest purr.
Taffy is a 9 month old domestic shorthair, she was found with her 5 brothers at a horse barn by her foster mom. She has adjusted very quickly. She is super playful, loves to talk back to you, and is curious about everything in our house.
While both girls came from the same rescue they had been in different foster homes and never met but seem to be getting along and beginning to accept each other. PXL_20220328_173528647.jpg PXL_20220404_150809449.jpg PXL_20220404_182044096~2.jpg

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and your beautiful girl's.
:hearthrob::hearthrob: I'm sure those sweethearts will help your heart heal. And your bridge girl will be watching with a smile on her face knowing there's 2 lucky recue cat's. Thank you for giving them a forever home.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: This is definitely the place to talk cats, and other topics, as well.

Condolences on the loss of KitKat. :alright: I can see by her picture, that she was a pretty girl. RIP sweetie. :hearthrob::angel::hearthrob:
BTW, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum if you'd like to post a memorial tribute to her.

I'm glad you now have Olivia and Taffy to help mend your broken heart. They are both total cutie pies. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-118891.gif
Cat_Mom, Olivia and Taffy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
images.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about KitKat:alright:. Glad that you adopted Olivia and Taffy. They are beautiful :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A BIG welcome to you, Olivia and Taffy...and to KitKat, who joins us in spirit!

As internet things go, you and I are practically neighbors! I'm in Havelock, NC., just a ways up the coast and inland a tiny bit.