Hi From Jack From Cyprus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Andriana papadopoulou

Jack & Spock
Young Cat
Purraise
Got it! Not sure about the Fourth of July. There will be a big celebration at the city park in my tiny town, complete with fireworks. I'll probably stay home, because Hekitty (my cat) HATES fireworks, and does better when I'm with her. But I can see them from my front porch, so that will be nice.

I love Halloween too! It is probably my favorite holiday of all.

Yes, there is a South Carolina, as well. Just south of us, as you would expect! LOTS of nice beaches there, too.
hopefully i ll visit you one day amd meet Hekitty too !!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That would be wonderful! If you are going to be anywhere near me, I'd LOVE to see you!

SummerStorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so glad you were able to adopt him! His eyes take my breath away. Best of luck to you and that handsome nugget :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it looks like you might be near me, PM me here, and I'll send you contact details.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh! Can I come along when you go to Cyprus, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ?!

Anyone who would give away a pet just because they want a different pet doesn't deserve to have either of them. I hope she's nicer to her dog than she was to her cat. (Sorry, I'm feeling a bit vindictive here.) Andriana papadopoulou Andriana papadopoulou , I'm very glad that you were available when Jack was in need. You and Jack are both very welcome here on The Cat Site.

Where in the U.S. are you planning to visit when you're here? I live in Colorado; if you wanted to come here I could arrange a trip to the mountains so you could see some snow (depending on how late in the summer it is, of course -- our snow pack is melting rapidly).

On the Fourth I'll probably be staying home, pretty much. I'll go out to our little park and watch a few fireworks from there, but I won't be going to any of the shows. On the third, however, I'm going to a humorous concert in a friend's back yard.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my goof! :paperbag: You said next year for fall and Halloween. I could almost certainly show you snow then! We frequently get a blizzard for Halloween, though with global warming things have been a bit iffy lately.

Margret

Andriana papadopoulou

Jack & Spock
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, my goof! :paperbag: You said next year for fall and Halloween. I could almost certainly show you snow then! We frequently get a blizzard for Halloween, though with global warming things have been a bit iffy lately.

Margret
That would be great ! The only snow we get its up in the mountains and the road there is always closed !!!

Andriana papadopoulou

Jack & Spock
Young Cat
Purraise
Oooh! Can I come along when you go to Cyprus, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ?!

Anyone who would give away a pet just because they want a different pet doesn't deserve to have either of them. I hope she's nicer to her dog than she was to her cat. (Sorry, I'm feeling a bit vindictive here.) Andriana papadopoulou Andriana papadopoulou , I'm very glad that you were available when Jack was in need. You and Jack are both very welcome here on The Cat Site.

Where in the U.S. are you planning to visit when you're here? I live in Colorado; if you wanted to come here I could arrange a trip to the mountains so you could see some snow (depending on how late in the summer it is, of course -- our snow pack is melting rapidly).

On the Fourth I'll probably be staying home, pretty much. I'll go out to our little park and watch a few fireworks from there, but I won't be going to any of the shows. On the third, however, I'm going to a humorous concert in a friend's back yard.

Margret
Im also happy that i found Jack ! I love him so much and he came the right time i needed him ! Colorado? Sounds great ! We dont where we are goin yet but hopefully we can meet alla together !! That would be awesome !!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be aware that Denver (the capitol of Colorado) is called "The Mile High City," because that's the altitude here, and then we go yet higher when we visit the mountains. Many people from sea level who visit here do just fine, but if they attempt the mountains they're likely to get altitude sickness; we watch for it carefully. Some folks from sea level even have trouble in town -- shortness of breath, a need to drink more water than usual, things like that. If we see those symptoms in town we strongly advise the person not to visit the mountains.

I was once at the top of Pikes Peak. I was feeling short of breath, so I stopped into the little cafe there and sat down at the counter to catch my breath and ordered something to drink. An elderly woman sat down next to me and commented that she was having a lot of trouble with the altitude. I asked her where she was from and, sure enough, she lived at sea level. The girl behind the counter (a high school student working a summer job) overheard and said "Oh, it doesn't take long to get used to it. It only took me two weeks or so!" I looked at her and said, "And where are you from?" "Colorado Springs." "And what is the altitude in Colorado Springs?" "Around 6,000 feet, I think." "Well, this lady is from sea level. It takes a good deal longer to get used to altitude when you normally live at sea level." I hope she learned something from it, if only to think twice before leaping to conclusions.

Margret