Hi from Argentina!

missycab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hola everybody! I'm new to this site (which I've already been browsing, and it's great), but not new to cats, although I have a new cat! Let me tell you more about kitties & me.

When I was 12 we brought home our black cat Negrito. He died 9 years later of urinary problems. When Negrito was older, we got Figaro (siamese) and Dante (a white deaf cat), who were only a couple of months apart. This year was very sad. In February, Figaro was diagnosed with a heart failure, and he went down really quickly. And last month we had to put Dante to sleep because of a skin tumour on his back. We had only our tabby Malena left, so my parents got another siamese, a girl named Cordelia.

All of this is at my parents' home which is 1,000 km away from where I'm living now with my BF. We live in an apartment that we rent to the father of a friend of his, and even though the contract said "no pets allowed", BF talked to his friend about the possibility of having a cat. His friend said yes, but still his father doesn't know. In any case, a cat doesn't disturb, and makes much less noise that our neighbours, who are university students.

Almost two weeks ago, we got Cleto (as Cletus, the Simpsons' character). He was thrown two months ago at my co.-worker's yard, and she couldn't keep him. Cleto was shy, used to hide a lot from her kids, wouldn't come near her. She offered him to me, and I said yes.

Now, he's a whole different cat. He has his toys (a plastic cork, toilet paper rolls, paper balls, etc), and he's super cuddly. He purrs a lot! We took him to the vet and he was  a gentleman. Not even a single "meow". He's 5 months old, and we'll have him neutered by the end of the month. When he's alone because we're at work, he doesn't do any mess.

The only thing... we should have called him Sir Craps-a-lot. Boy, he surely uses the litter a lot!!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! [emoji]128512[/emoji] Cleto looks like a real sweetheart and so lucky you came into his life. He sounds very happy in your loving home. This is a great site - lots of opportunities to talk about your boy!

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL  That last photo is amazing.  Yeah, looks like he really has the rough life.  
  He's so fluffy -- I love it!

I'm glad you were able to give him a home.  And we're Simpsons' fans in our house so I think you chose a good name!

renflox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hola missycab, bienvenida a TCS :)

Cleto es muy bonito! Qué bien que hayas podido quedártelo! 

There's a lot of cool and useful information in here, which you know already, it seems like you never get to know enough about cats, isn't it? ;)

Saludos! 

jandrasames

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is so pretty!! Ours would get along well. She uses the litter a lot too lol

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Sir Craps a Lot is very handsome! (I used to call one of my cats that, BTW!) Welcome aboard.