Hi Folkz - Hair Knots

steve0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am the owner of two feral ginger tabbies that are going through a bad time as I stated previously.
I have had these cats since 2009, due to a disability, they have only been to the vet 1 time. I am curious my long hair ginger needs to be groomed, as I can only use one arm\partial paralysis from a traumatic brain injury, makes a very perplexing to groom him. AND of course he only trusts me and hides and hisses at anyone that comes over.
I'm open to ideas. thanks\Also his brother is more tame as he sits on my lap often and tolerates humans much more, I'm sure he is the alpha.
I don't want the long hair guy to be in pain from these big hair knots that I think he creates by chewing his hair.
HELP

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats gets matted fur sometimes. She has difficulty grooming herself due to an injury. She is also very difficult to handle and stressed when groomed. Sometimes I have to use a pair of barber scissors to cut out the mats, and you may need to do this if you are able to coordinate scissors. The other option is to use a shaver and shave the mats off if you think he will tolerate this.