Hi Everyone!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't been here in a while so just want to catch up. My husband (if you remember) had a rare form of skin cancer called Merkel Cell. He is doing well, going thru an immunotherapy treatment with a recently approved FDA drug to treat this rare skin cancer. His head bumps have disappeared and last CT scan was clear - thank God! He goes every week, one week for blood work, the other for treatment. Fantastic and caring doctors and nurses.

Kitties are fine -- Angel is 15 and having some litterbox issues, but we attribute it to old age. Hurricane Charlie is almost 2 years old now and a wild one (but we adore him). Tippytoes is getting older - around 12 or so - sweet and mellow.

I promise to be better about posting. Miss all you guys and look forward to hearing from you.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:welcomeback: Yes, welcome back. Sounds like pretty good news all the way around.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Great news right before the holidays! Hope DH continues to improve and the kitties stay warm. Post whenever you can and take care of yourself too. :hugs:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomeback: (Well, that's annoying -- the emoji menu shows two different emojies for this, but they both show up the same in posts.)

Good news all around, except the litter box issues. I have to ask: What kind of litter box issues? When Sweet Thing got kidney disease (which happens more frequently in elderly cats) her first symptom was peeing outside of the box, so whenever someone says that their cat has developed "litter box issues" I start worrying.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is around 15 (she was a stray so she could even be older). Pees and poops outside litterbox (never did this in her whole life). Did senior bloodwork and only issue was thyroid count was borderline. We put her (and Tippy) in the office at night where we have 3 litterboxes), but she will go on a plastic sheet we have on the floor, or in the family room under the dinette table. Even the vet said it just could be age related. We've taken care of her for the last 13 1/2 years so I won't let her down now. Just clean up after her.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hey there! I've been following Paul's skin cancer on FB and am glad he's doing so well.

Sorry about Angel's litterbox issues; it's hard when they get older. I'm wondering if something spooked Angel at some point that would make her leery of the litterbox? The vet doesn't think she has a UTI or something like that? At least, she's using the sheet....that's something for her. Otherwise she's doing well and that's good.

The reason I'm asking about a UTI is because when Amber started peeing back in bed, we had to take her down to the vet twice before they found the problem. They ended up giving her an antibiotics shot (because she's impossible to pill or medicate) and she was back to the litterbox in no time. But it took two vet visits and even then they weren't completely sure about the UTI. They gave her the shot because they couldn't think of anything else to do for her. She's been fine and no more peeing in the bed.....thank goodness! Older kitties.....you gotta love 'em!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update. I am so happy to hear the good news. Good luck taking care of kitty. Things like that can be so stressful.