Hi everyone!

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
Hi all,

My cat generally goes by "Kitten" (I know--it's original). Her name is Lulu--but it can also be a combination of any consonant vowel pair--as in, right now, it's Moo Moo (it was Nunu for awhile, but that got boring). Lulu is now 6. She is a strictly indoor cat--except when she gets out on a leash (which I'm starting to think was a bad idea because she's been a little escapist her whole life, and now, it seems worse). She's an awesome little kitten, and I feel lucky to have her.

The one question I have is: how big are people's cats? I thought my cat was medium sized, but she's 9.5 pounds, and now, it seems like she's a little cat.

My big thing right now is cat foot (I'll go over to nutrition).

That's about it!

:)

Bex

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS !

I hope you will enjoy here, it's a great site, some will reply you soon with your questions.

Have fun :-)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and Lulu. She sounds very sweet - do you have any pictures? We love pictures here!

To answer your questions about weight: my Chula is close to 10 pounds and her brother Paul is almost 18 pounds. He is a very big boy!

I don't think 9.5 pounds is a small cat - I think of that as a medium sized cat. I used to have a 5 pound cat and she was a small cat.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi rpandcat. please let's chat here, your thread instead about Mia and Lulu :-)

I read your post" Lap cat" and you said Mia look like Lulu when she was a baby.

Mia is a seal point and how about Lulu? Do you have kitten pics to share?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Lulu is a Tonkinese. I believe she is mink (her mother is/was much darker than she, as was her brother, but her sister is/was much lighter). She's more cobby than a Siamese--much more thick, and without the leggyness, and has more of an applehead than a wedge shaped head. Lulu is a small cat--being cobby at 9.5 pounds makes her small and mighty!

From what I understand, Siamese (and Tonks--as a cross between Siamese and Burmese) have an enzyme in their fur or skin that reacts to temperature. The cold places are darker. Some of it is is also age, and whether or not the cat has been fixed (she got darker after she was spayed--and changed a few times according to where we were living).

I posted a couple of pictures of her as a kitten in the Post your First Cat Picture thread. Honestly, I have a lot of pictures of her when she was young, and I'd be happy to share! She's an active cat, and talks a pretty good amount, but her meow sounds like she's being injured or tortured or something (my step-mother has occasionally taken care of her, and thought she was hurting her--until she realized Lulu always sounds like that). I tell her, "Life is Tough!" (especially when she's busy sleeping)...

The first picture is the beginning of November (she was born in September). The second picture is the end of November. The third picture is January. The fourth picture (on the red blanket)--she is two. And in the grumpy picture on the couch, she is about four. (and I just like the last picture :) )...

I don't know how much Siamese vary in color over time--but she's definitely changed a few times.

Mia, as a sealpoint, may stay lighter than Lulu. And she may end up taller and skinnier. It's really fun to watch that little brown nose--now that Lulu has her mask, I miss how she looked! And Mia reminds me of when Lulu was small.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww...what a beautiful baby! So she is tonkinese, she looks like a Siamese, maybe that's why she is bigger than Siamese?

Her eyes too are blue, amazing how beautiful she is. She sure look like Mia when she was a kitten. I learn something again today.

Thank you for sharing :-)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's a lovely girl.  As for her size, Hekitty is 8.25 pounds, and the vet considers her to be a medium sized cat. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Tonkinese is sort of short where the Siamese is tall and thin--it's like the leggy model versus, well, me. And I think Mia's head is more wedge shaped, and her ears are different. She'll probably be much lighter looking.

I was also thinking Lulu was a medium sized cat. I've just had a couple of people tell me she was small. I didn't think so, but it was kind of making me neurotic. ;)

The blue eyes in the Tonkinese are pretty standard. I think they also have golden eyes. The unusual one is the aqua eyes--I've never seen them.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Macha almost 9lbs but she is domestic cat so maybe that's normal, well, I like it when my babies are more bigger and not bony.

I think you are right about Mia's head, color and legs, I am looking at her legs and really long. She is still young maybe the color will change?!

Lulu is one beautiful cat