Hey-o!

TTTTrickster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I'm new here so I'll guess I'll introduce myself!

I'm Lauren, and I'm the mom of two kitties named Zelda (Calico) and Nymeria (Orange Tabby), and a geriatric bunny named Duncan.

I became a cat mom about four years ago, when a friend of mine found a group of motherless feral kittens in her back barn (Mom had gotten hit by a car. In my hometown, we unfortunately have a large feral population, and even though we TNR, it still happens.) We fell in love with a bossy calico kitten with extra toes and it wasn't long before she was wreaking havoc in our lives. She's four now.

We adopted Nymeria, who we call Nym, in much the same way. Another group of motherless ferals under a friend's porch. She was the runt, with bloody lacerations, missing the end of her tail. We wanted a boy cat to add to our family, and fell in love, only later to be revealed that she was in fact not a he as suggested by her coloring. She came home with us anyway, much to her sister's displeasure. Despite her rocky beginnings, She's a happy healthy two years old.

More recently, I became caretaker to 6 ferals who live behind my office building. I'm in the process off trying to get all vaccinated and fixed, but it's proving a little bit harder that I expected. Until then, they've got warm houses and plenty of food.

I'm hoping to learn a little here and make new friends who love cats as much as I do!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
:wave3:Hey-o! It’s nice to meet you and your lovely cats. I absolutely love Zelda’s little white socks. And Nym’s expression in the photo is priceless! She looks so surprised, like “are you taking a picture of me?” :lol: And it’s pretty cool to see an orange girl. Here’s a photo thread that both of your girls can be proudly displayed: Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!
And here’s a thread especially for orange girls! Let's See Your Orange/cream Females
See you around!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I love both calicos and A Song of Ice and Fire (and Nym's name with it). Glad to have you here!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and the lovely Nym and Zelda! We're so happy to have you here!

upload_2017-12-7_19-17-29.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
986BC24F-4713-4600-A29A-93D380FE51CA.jpeg
Lauren, Zelda and Nymeria, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
44427C2D-62B7-43DC-990A-DED4CB1AB20E.gif

Thank you for adopting the kitties and also for taking care of the ferals at your office.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and and do check out the many informative articles here too Articles | The Cat Site

Also here are some readings to help you get around the site :-
New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitties are lovely and please post more photos of them for us to see.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I'm new here so I'll guess I'll introduce myself!

I'm Lauren, and I'm the mom of two kitties named Zelda (Calico) and Nymeria (Orange Tabby), and a geriatric bunny named Duncan.

I became a cat mom about four years ago, when a friend of mine found a group of motherless feral kittens in her back barn (Mom had gotten hit by a car. In my hometown, we unfortunately have a large feral population, and even though we TNR, it still happens.) We fell in love with a bossy calico kitten with extra toes and it wasn't long before she was wreaking havoc in our lives. She's four now.

We adopted Nymeria, who we call Nym, in much the same way. Another group of motherless ferals under a friend's porch. She was the runt, with bloody lacerations, missing the end of her tail. We wanted a boy cat to add to our family, and fell in love, only later to be revealed that she was in fact not a he as suggested by her coloring. She came home with us anyway, much to her sister's displeasure. Despite her rocky beginnings, She's a happy healthy two years old.

More recently, I became caretaker to 6 ferals who live behind my office building. I'm in the process off trying to get all vaccinated and fixed, but it's proving a little bit harder that I expected. Until then, they've got warm houses and plenty of food.

I'm hoping to learn a little here and make new friends who love cats as much as I do!
TTTTrickster TTTTrickster - Welcome to TCS; I'm already in Love with Zelda, that beautiful girl! Bless you for looking after your feral colony, and for taking in these two precious girls. I hope we get to see more of your girls in the photos forum.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hithere: Those were a lucky couple of little kitties to have found their way into your care. :hearthrob: Welcome to TCS.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere:
Zelda and Nymeria are beautiful. Thank you for rescuing them. :catlove:
Thank you, also, for caring for the feral cats behind your office. :petcat:
How old does a bunny have to be to be geriatric? Can we see a pic of Duncan. :camera: BTW, there's at least one more bunny on the site. Here's his link: Found Rabbit :bunny:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TTTTrickster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere:
Zelda and Nymeria are beautiful. Thank you for rescuing them. :catlove:
Thank you, also, for caring for the feral cats behind your office. :petcat:
How old does a bunny have to be to be geriatric? Can we see a pic of Duncan. :camera: BTW, there's at least one more bunny on the site. Here's his link: Found Rabbit :bunny:
She'll be 10 in August. She's pretty angry and grumpy, but she has a soft spot for Nym, and will chase her around when they get (supervised) playtime.