Helping Adult (and Unfortunately Returned) Cats Find Their Furrever Home!

meaganlarrea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Want to help save cats with me?

Have any spare change? $10, $20, even $1 helps! Or even a suggestion of your cats favorite toy? Please read below to hear about my personal cat project I am doing.

Did you know cats over 18 months are over 20% less likely to get adopted? Adult cats need love too! I have a strong passion (obsession maybe?) and love for cats runs deep through my veins which is why I have decided to put together some “Toys and Treats!” bags for all the returned and adult cats that Happy Jack Cats has taken in. These fun filled bags will be sent home with the cats and adopters and hopefully inspire more cat adult adoptions!

Happy Jack Cats is an amazing organization that takes in hundreds of cats and finds them loving forever homes. They even brought me my Rosko- something I will be forever grateful for! Recently, they have had many people return their cats for various reasons, and because they care so much for these cats they ALWAYS TAKE THEM BACK IN and have acquired 16 adult returned cats in the past months. As mentioned earlier, adult cats are much harder to get adopted. Another downside to the large amount of adult cats is that they can no longer take in any kittens until they have more space. I have some ideas on what I want to put in the bags, but your input is appreciated! Does your cat have a favorite toy or treats you think these cats would love? Point me in the direction of where to find them! Want to join in on the fun of helping get these cats adopted? Donate $5! Or $1, or $50! Anything helps, and I am more than happy to share the fun of knowing that we helped find these sweet cats their furrever homes.

Please PM me if you would like to donate. I will post pictures of everything I get too so you know where your money is going! Feel free to reach out with any comments or questions. I am super excited to put these together!

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's too bad more people don't adopt CATS vs kittens. That way they already know their personalities, etc. rather than take a chance on how a kitten will turn out. But kittens are so darned cute that many people just can't resist.

Anyway, as far as toys, both of my boys go goofy for a simple 2 foot piece of soft rope. They carry it around like they've caught themselves a snake, and one of them makes so much noise when he "catches" it we have to put the TV on pause until he settles down because we can't hear a thing (except his LOUD meowing) :flail:. Of course, they have a gazillion other toys, but the best ones are the ones that didn't cost anything. I think your gift bag (the bag itself) would be the best toy for a cat :wink:! Perhaps something written that explains how to integrate a cat into a household, including how to integrate if they have another cat, how to houseproof for a cat, what to do when they are scared, etc, might be a good thing. And some of the food they are currently eating, with directions on how to change that once they are adopted. Those are the things I thing are important. And maybe a Da-Bird. I don't know of a single cat that can resist that.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.