Help

stephanie05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does this sound familiar to anybody? My cat has been acting very weird lately ever since about a week ago, I believe my male cat mated with her and ever since then shes been very weird. She has been sleeping a lot and growling in her sleep or sometimes when we pet her or go near her and then most of the time right after she growls, she will start rolling around like she does when shes in heat. She also has had discharge coming out of her like everyday and so far I’ve seen like 3 different colors of discharge coming out of her which she is excessively cleaning. First it was clear then some type of crusted up green maybe light brownish stuff & today it was white. She has also been moving weird, at first I noticed when she would get up from her sleep she would stand there and slightly sway, today when she was taking a nap I went near her and it woke her up and when she woke up, her face was moving weird and so was her stomach. I caught it on video but this thing wont let me put videos on here :( I am planning on taking her to the vet very soon i just do not have the funds at the moment which is why I wanted to see what other cat owners think about this. ( She is 4 years old & has not been spayed yet. ) * I forgot to mention this did stop for a day & then at night she was right back at it & the next day nothing at all she was completely normal ( besides the discharge) & now today shes back at it all again. She was crying when trying to use the bathroom & she pooped a very small turd which is not like her, then she went crying everywhere and went back to the litter box & peed a tiny amount, not like her at all.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she has a bad UTI or some kind of infection I think she needs to be seen by a vet like sooner than later.. I understand being low on funds it happens but this sounds like it is pretty bad..
If it is an infection and you wait it can travel to her kidneys..
You need to call your vet and ask if you can set up a payment plan or something. This seems urgent... I honestly would not wait.
At least call them and see what they say and also see if you can send the video to your vet..
Please keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanie05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not sure if im writing this under the right thing but thank you I am going to call around asap. Ill keep you updated.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does this sound familiar to anybody? My cat has been acting very weird lately ever since about a week ago, I believe my male cat mated with her and ever since then shes been very weird. She has been sleeping a lot and growling in her sleep or sometimes when we pet her or go near her and then most of the time right after she growls, she will start rolling around like she does when shes in heat. She also has had discharge coming out of her like everyday and so far I’ve seen like 3 different colors of discharge coming out of her which she is excessively cleaning. First it was clear then some type of crusted up green maybe light brownish stuff & today it was white. She has also been moving weird, at first I noticed when she would get up from her sleep she would stand there and slightly sway, today when she was taking a nap I went near her and it woke her up and when she woke up, her face was moving weird and so was her stomach. I caught it on video but this thing wont let me put videos on here :( I am planning on taking her to the vet very soon i just do not have the funds at the moment which is why I wanted to see what other cat owners think about this. ( She is 4 years old & has not been spayed yet. ) * I forgot to mention this did stop for a day & then at night she was right back at it & the next day nothing at all she was completely normal ( besides the discharge) & now today shes back at it all again. She was crying when trying to use the bathroom & she pooped a very small turd which is not like her, then she went crying everywhere and went back to the litter box & peed a tiny amount, not like her at all.
Okay so now I am going to say this and I am not a vet.

I am a cat owner that has used this product in the past and it does work. You need to read on it and make sure the ratio is very correct.

Fish amxision is an antibiotic that helps with infection in fish,their gills, fins etc. Rescues will use this for infections because when they first rescue they have to treat most of the time. And vets are expensive.

So please look into the product and research before you use. The product may be something you can use until you can get her to the vet.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If this is pyometra, fishmox is of no use.
Some of our members who look after ferals use it; it's a last resort when it's not possible to get a cat to a vet, and only if it is of use to the condition.
In this case, I think a vet visit is essential, and as soon as possible.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If this is pyometra, fishmox is of no use.
Some of our members who look after ferals use it; it's a last resort when it's not possible to get a cat to a vet, and only if it is of use to the condition.
In this case, I think a vet visit is essential, and as soon as possible.
Agreed in full. 💯 percent I do apologize for over stepping my bounds. I can delete the post or if you would like to please do.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
stephanie05 stephanie05 this could be pyometra and if so it's a medical emergency. Please, however you can manage it, get your cat to the vet.
stephanie05 stephanie05 it's not time to guess,soeculate or "try: anything- get her to the Vet- put off paying something,figure it out later she needs proper diagnosis and treatment now
:yeah: The discharge is quite concerning.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn’t read replies This is highly suggestive of a pyometra( infected uterus). This is life threatening and the longer you wait the more critical it becomes. Please take your cat to an emergency vet. There is nothing that can be done at home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanie05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her to her appointment today and they couldn’t do much because they weren’t sure if she was pregnant so they gave her some shots and gave me some fake litter so i can get a pee sample so they can test it to see whats going on. She did good at the vet though and doesn’t seem to be in any pain right now :) will update again when I know what is wrong with her. Also they don’t think its Pyometra because they said her temperature would have been off and it was just fine

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I took her to her appointment today and they couldn’t do much because they weren’t sure if she was pregnant so they gave her some shots and gave me some fake litter so i can get a pee sample so they can test it to see whats going on. She did good at the vet though and doesn’t seem to be in any pain right now :) will update again when I know what is wrong with her. Also they don’t think its Pyometra because they said her temperature would have been off and it was just fine
They couldn't do much?Not sure what that means tbh.... surely they must have drawn blood-was her white blood cell count elevated? Uterine infections are not determined by whether or not a cat has an elevated temperature.... I'd like to know exactly what they did examining this cat,if that's alright....I'm not sure who she was seen by but something doesn't sound right,what was she given?A broad spectrum anti biotic or?
Its easy enough to take a urine sample from the bladder in an emergency.......was this the emergency animal clinic?When are you supposed to bring in this urine sample? Are you not concerned because she seems okay now and they said " don't worry"......

I didn't immediately think pyometra because you said she only urinated a little and didn't mention excessive thirst,decreased appetite,vomiting but surely lethargy,obvious discomfort and discharge of puss is quite alarming

Also,I'm not looking to scare you and it's quite possible something got lost in translation here regarding the office visit( lol- sometimes we forget to write everything that transpired) but it's a little concerning to me so just want to be sure nothing is overlooked.... I'm hoping you don't mind my questions...❤

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Both S silent meowlook and myself immediately thought of pyometra. it can be difficult to diagnose. Did she have the discharge when the vet saw her? I'm just very concerned as it's dangerous.
For sure,it wasn't my first thought until you said it and that's why I believe a cell count would be the first call from a vet--- just seems odd and very concerning to me as well-I could not imagine a Vet not drawing blood to rule it out ( or in!)

I do hope the reason they said" they can't do much " is because her white blood cell count is normal and she had no symptoms ---but discharge? Alarming to say the least

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree I am very concerned for your kitty. Even by chance it is not pyometra I really think it is some sort of severe infection.

Did you show the vet the video of her swaying when she gets up and the weird face and body movements that you recorded?

Did you tell them that she keeps going to the litterbox crying not being able to go?

Her crying in pain not being able to go to the bathroom her swaying and other weird movements that you recorded and especially the discharge.. these are all things that are extremely concerning.

What tests did the vet perform?
Did they take blood work?
Did they do an ultrasound?
What shots did this vet give her?

If they didn't do any type of tests and only checked her temperature I think it is very important to find another vet sooner rather than later.

I'm very concerned for your cat because it sounds like something is seriously wrong. Even if she is pregnant I would think the vet could still perform tests to figure out what is going on with her..