Help

Ayshattu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone this is my first time here. I wokeup yesterday and went to my cat’s room and found her laying on the ground with blood all over her body, I checked her body no injuries only for me to open her mouth and found out she lost her tongue(their isn’t any left) I rushed her to the vet immediately the doctor said there is nothing he can do she lost it already. He gave her injections and medications but it’s hard for me to be feeding her like I always cry when doing so and she can’t do anything.they are 5 cats in my house her, their and her siblings.when ever she sees them eating the try her best to pick but she can’t . Please I need help on what to do. Seeing her in such condition makes me sad cry. Please I need a help. I was thinking of taking her to the vet Tomorrow if there is any injection to give her so she can be put to rest.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please if all else is well with this cat, get the vet to insert a feeding tube. It is not an overly invasive procedure, they can teach you how to administer foods through it, and it can enable her to heal while you feed her through the tube. However, you can still let her try to eat on her own even with the feeding tube in place.

You need to also get a second opinion on what else can be done over the long haul, and you need to investigate what could have possibly lead to this.

But, the feeding tube is your best bet to keep her alive for now. And, until you can find out what lead to this, it might be best to keep her away from the other cats.

Please tell me that this is not some prank.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ayshattu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please if all else is well with this cat, get the vet to insert a feeding tube. It is not an overly invasive procedure, they can teach you how to administer foods through it, and it can enable her to heal while you feed her through the tube. However, you can still let her try to eat on her own even with the feeding tube in place.

You need to also get a second opinion on what else can be done over the long haul, and you need to investigate what could have possibly lead to this.

But, the feeding tube is your best bet to keep her alive for now. And, until you can find out what lead to this, it might be best to keep her away from the other cats.

Please tell me that this is not some prank.
This isn’t a prank. I swear I am telling the truth. By God willing tomorrow I will take her to the vet. And I am still investigating on what is the cause of this. Thank you so much .

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This isn’t a prank. I swear I am telling the truth. By God willing tomorrow I will take her to the vet. And I am still investigating on what is the cause of this. Thank you so much .
Please, please, please ask the vet about a feeding tube. It could save her life.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Does your cat have outdoor access?
Is there any way another animal could have got into her room?
Are the other cats OK?
Could you find her tongue or was it gone?
Does she have any other injuries?
What medication did the vet prescribe?
Did the vet suggest keeping her in hospital?
Were X-rays done?
Did the vet show you how to syringe feed the cat?
Is she accepting syringe feeding?