Help

JD42

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20210717_114552.jpg

Felt this bump on my cats belly and have never seen it red like this before. Is this the primordial pouch? Or could it be something else?

Madisonmh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is your cat currently nursing/recently had kittens? If so I would say something like mastitis, In which case you’ll need medication from a vet ASAP, as it can be incredibly painful and will lead to the mother preventing her kittens from nursing. If not you may want to take it in anyway as soon as you can as cats can sometimes get mammary tumours/carcinoma. The vast majority are malignant but in the unfortunate chance it’s not you’ll want to get him/her looked at immediately to start treatment in the early stages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JD42

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is your cat currently nursing/recently had kittens? If so I would say something like mastitis, In which case you’ll need medication from a vet ASAP, as it can be incredibly painful and will lead to the mother preventing her kittens from nursing. If not you may want to take it in anyway as soon as you can as cats can sometimes get mammary tumours/carcinoma. The vast majority are malignant but in the unfortunate chance it’s not you’ll want to get him/her looked at immediately to start treatment in the early stages.
She has never had kittens. But thank you for the input, I'll take her in to get looked at

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
A primordial pouch is a loose layer of fur, fat, and skin that hangs more or less along the length of a cat's underbelly, It is not characterized by any sores or wounds. I cannot tell from the pic if the red spot is raised or not as you called it a bump, but it looks way too red, open, and sore to ignore. Seeing a vet is the best course of action.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t tell from this pic for sure. It looks like a wound maybe? Ask your dvm or send a pic.