Help!

Xchloepower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I have just found this patch in the corner of Peach's mouth, I don't quite know what it is.

She had swollen red upper lip before but has gone down and now this has came up a few weeks later...

I can't afford a Vet at the moment and I'm just looking for guidance on what it could be and how to help it at home for now...
20210621_170123.jpg
20210621_170055.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! My guess is that this is some kind of an allergic dermatitis which is not that helpful to you as it can have numerous sources including food allergies. Others may have more concrete suggestions about this. Where are you on flea prevention for her? What concerns me is that it appears to have the red dots on the lower side of the mouth, but the swelling seems to be moving into a larger area. Does this appear to be itchy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xchloepower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, thank you!

She's defleaed monthly and is due her next dose on the 4th July, she rarely goes outside as shes very timid but her sibling loves the garden, the thing is her sibling is completely fine I've checked him over which is strange.

I took her off Lidl's cat food and that made her upper lip go down so it could be an allergy to something in the house, I put her back onto Whiskers (she was fine on that).

When I touch it she doesnt respond and she doesn't itch it at all, i've had a check for fleas and nothing! I'm so confused on what it is.