Help

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

View media item 212113How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msclarasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok perfect, ill read through them now.

msclarasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok. I do have a question. Her nips have been leaking quite a bit for a week now, and her temp has been 96 and 97 for the same amount of time. Does that mean she's close?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Temperature isn't a very accurate way to gauge labor, however it sounds like it could be soon if she is lactating! Some cats don't lactate until the day they have the kittens, some lactate a week before!

msclarasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My worry is she shares her home with 2 over friendly 80lb dogs. Thats why im trying to gage possibly when she might go into labor. I just wish i knew when she conceived. Lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like it will be any day now. Do you plan to put her in a separate room from the dogs when she has the kittens?

msclarasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I keep her in my bedroom but shes not fond of being cooped up. She will scream and meow and hiss to be let out. Shes a very peculiar cat anyway lol