Help With Nearly Three Week Old Hand Reared Kittens Please

Aimee4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi M michellewallis1
I'm also in the UK and found that bephar gave our little ones bad tummies so switched to cimicat and it's been a life saver. We rescued 5 kittens at 3 days old. 2 were pts due to being attacked by rats (which is why we rescued) and another 1 died from fading kitten syndrome at 2 weeks old while we were on our way to the vets which was heartbreaking so I know how you feel! However the remaining 2 kittens we have are now 32 days old are growing rapidly and strong. This is the first time we've raised kittens and it's such a worrying process because they are so small and dependent on us. It's easy to feel like we are making mistakes and to feel judged on here. Hope your kitties are doing better today, you are doing your best just keep fighting for them and they can pull through & is so rewarding when you see thier progress. Keep us updated x

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I asked about goat milk and it a no no here in UK. We don't have raw milk and both vets said would upset their tummy more. I shouldn't have come here, I'm not as good as all of you. I'm sorry
Its no competition here, this is a friendly forum. Everyone participate and share on its own needs and knowledge.
I know forums where arent very friendly, where there is a competition. Debate and quarrel instead of friendly cooperation and friendly talks together...
As said, this forum was created with totally another philosophy, here we do help, share, encourage, purraise...

Goat milk isnt known much in Sweden either. Its here on these Forums I learned goats milk works in practice, is even awesome in some instances. First time I noticed, it was a forumite in the war ridded Bosnia. There was no kmr to get, so she used what there was possible to get, goats milk. It was an eye opener for me - and after it I saw once and again forumites whom did used it, were happy with it, hardly ever any troubles. The exception which were was ONE inferior brand by a polish producer. All other polish users using other brands were happy.
Anyways, nowadays I too Im talking warmthly for goats milk. :)

Of course, having a good kmr its seldom necessary to change and try with goats milk.