Help with mystery cat ailment

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rose137

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes ,there's quite a few good products on the market to soothe the throat,esophagus and to help open airways but you need to consult your Vet before " trying " anything....
Please do tell us how it goes with her visit
Thank you everyone for all your help!
got her some X-rays and had a radiologist do a second look—-seems like no foreign object was ingested but she has GI upset, possibly pancreatitis, and a few other abnormalities so they are ordering an ultrasound. For the lung/breathing stuff, she has some bronchial inflammation and is getting antibiotics. So…no real answers to cause yet but hopefully some treatment! Thanks for being here for my sweet girl, everyone 💜

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good, I hope the medicine starts working quickly and she gets to feeling better. Hopefully the ultrasound wl show the cause.. do you have a date for the ultrasound?

Traceyoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for all your help!
got her some X-rays and had a radiologist do a second look—-seems like no foreign object was ingested but she has GI upset, possibly pancreatitis, and a few other abnormalities so they are ordering an ultrasound. For the lung/breathing stuff, she has some bronchial inflammation and is getting antibiotics. So…no real answers to cause yet but hopefully some treatment! Thanks for being here for my sweet girl, everyone 💜
I hope the treatment helps , please keep us posted on how she is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rose137

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, everyone, for your concern and care for my girl! She has been on antibiotics for her respiratory issues for about two weeks and no more gagging or wheezing at all!! She’s eating and drinking normally and seems to have of her energy and zest back. :)

she did get her ultrasound today; acute pancreatitis and some IBS/GI inflammation. She’s on a basic food prescriptio diet for the next week or so. They don’t know what the cause might be but hopefully the diet change calms things down. 🖤