Help with EASY nutritious recipes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some great suggestions. I'm printing them all out.

By fast food, I mean we eat Jersey Mike's a lot, Sweet Tomatoes, stuff like that. Not much burger and fries type meals, although I sometimes go to Wendys for lunch (I usually have a plain burger without the bun and bake potato)..  Or maybe sometimes IHop or something like that.  Just not home cooked because I'm just tired and don't want to cook after working all day and weekends are spent running round doing errands, laundry, etc.  DH doesn't do much around the house to help out.  I'm not that fond of food in general, I like plain and simple.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also cook a double recipe over the week-end and put the leftovers in small plastic containers in the freezer. You could take one out the night before and just re-heat in the microwave.....

That is what I did when my dad was alive. I also got his supper ready for him, before I left the house, in the morning. I put it in a square plastic container. That way he could just re-heat while and have it when he was ready for it. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you like turkey? I bought a turkey on Sunday and cooked it Tuesday. I made hot turkey sandwiches, turkey pot pie and currently making turkey soup plus I had turkey sandwiches for lunch twice. I'm not a good cook, but all these things are super easy to make and I only paid $9 for the turkey.