Help Urgent Pregnant Cat Acting Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so I just found this website from searching around the internet for help, and I’ve found absolutely nothing. My cat Concha is very very very pregnant..might give birth today or tomorrow. But she is not acting At All how every one describes a pregnant cat. She is huge and has trouble eating which is normal, but her legs seem to be too weak to hold herself up and walk around. He slips all over our floor trying to get from tile to tile. Secondly this morning she woke me up at 4am with a completely soaked bottom with what I assume was discharge. It did not look or smell like urine. But it has been 11 hours and I have not seen any progress. Third of all she is completely silent. She won’t purr or meow at all. The other day I came home and called for her (since she’s an outdoor cat) and walked passed her 5 times because she couldn’t move or meow. Fourthly I have not seen any change in her nipples nor can I tell if she’s producing any milk because she’s not eating at allI’m worried she either has a dead kitten in the way or she’s very sick

Attachments

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds odd to me. I would take her to a vet asap. The closer to giving birth cats get the more affectionate they usually get and tend to eat more and more. I hope she is ok. Please keep us posted with any updates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Conchathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I searched around my room and I did find a large dried bright yellow puddle of urine on the ground which she might have sat in after going which probably explains her soaked fur. Strange because it distinctly did not smell like urine

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The liquid sounds to me like her water broke, and after that she should be in active labor. It's definitely vet time!

Incidentally, welcome to The Cat Site! :hellosmiley: :hithere: You've found the best community of cat lovers on the internet, and we're very glad to have you, and your cat, and the kittens!

Margret

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pleas give us an update on your cat. I hope you are keeping her indoors since she may have her kittens any time.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is your cat doing? It sounds like it was her water breaking. Do you have kittens yet, or is she laboring?

Please post an update!

Conchathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately she passed away today while I was at school. I don’t think she was in labor in the first place because I did find urine in my room. I’m shocked and upset I couldn’t help her . I believe it was her first litter and she was incapable of taking care of herself or carrying the kittens. She would not eat at all on Monday through Wednesday and each day she grew weaker and colder.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry to hear this. It was clearly an emergency situation.

Conchathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a very upsetting thread. The whole thing needs to be removed.
I’m not sure how I only made this thread (and made an account on this whole website) to get help because I could absolutely not find help

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Something like this was outside the help of anyone but an emergency vet.

It's just a very drawn out and sad way to die. I'm sorry for your loss.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im deeply sorry. For your loss, and her tragic death.
And IF there were any vet accessible, a perhaps unnecesary death. Or at least she could be peacefully pts if nothing could be done.
RIP Concha!

When I first saw this thread, the description COULD be from a fairly normal situation as described by a newbe. Its not uncommon the moms to be have a bad appetite a day or two before delivery. Although other posters were more suspicious... That is why I asked how long she hadnt eaten.
But more than two days is clearly alarming. And if she gets visibly weaker is RED ALERT... After all, they can be sick although high preg.

Upsetting, however it was...

Best to spay them in time, so you wont endure such situations.

Unfortunately she passed away today while I was at school. I don’t think she was in labor in the first place because I did find urine in my room. I’m shocked and upset I couldn’t help her . I believe it was her first litter and she was incapable of taking care of herself or carrying the kittens. She would not eat at all on Monday through Wednesday and each day she grew weaker and colder.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
C Conchathecat the staff at TCS are very sorry for the loss of Concha. :rbheart:

We lock threads when cats have passed out of respect, and will do so here.

If you do have another cat at any time, or even if you are interested to know more, please do stay as a member and use our resources and advice.

. RIP Concha .
:greenpaw: :butterfly: :rbheart: :purplebutterfly: :bluepaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.