Help!!! Stressing Over Sick Kittens

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so I have mentioned before that I foster for a kitten rescue. In the last month I have had 13 kittens.... And all but 4 have passed away. It happens the same with all of them. They start out great then stop eating and drinking and leads to them passing even with me doing FKS Protocol. I have been administrating sub-q's and even syringe feeding. I am starting to worry that it is panleukopenia. One of my older cats(a year and a half old) was with the kittens I have now for less then 2 days and started to drool, have no appetite, and formed a sore on her nose. Its better now but she still drools and doesn't seem to drink but she is starting to eat again(so I really water down her pate food) but I have started this batch of kittens on amoxicillin, and now 2 are on sub-q but my question is, can I give 10cc's of sub-q every 8 hours? Because they are losing a good amount of fluid in their runny poop and every 12 hours just seems so far apart with how dehydrated they are. Also what else can I do for them to make sure their little systems fight off whatever is attacking them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anuthing else i can do for them?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you giving common pedialyte? With runny poop there is this classical variation of taking some white rice with lotsa water, overboil it at least twice the usual cooking lengh, add some salt. Preferably minerale salt.
You can use some good minerale water with lotsa of different salts in, you see on the label. Mix half such bottle with common water.

Can you get raw goats milk? Raw honey? Both have some immunological properties.
Give them if you can. If they have any outer skin irritations, you can use this raw honey on it. And a little in their drinking water.

As you are desperate, you can try to crush some onion and garlic, have it on a plate, and have the plate nearby them. NOT eating, because these are poisonous to cats, but just getting in some fumes.
This was used during the war by soviet doctors. Also some wise women used this for home remedies...
Dangerous if careless, but you are desperate enough to try any reasonable solution...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is exactly this sub-q? what does it contains? Its Ringers solution? Or something else? Does it contains glucose sugar? salts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chainmefree85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Baxter ringer con lactato. It is in spanish so not sure what all is in it. They are getting soft food and goat milk with karo

loveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they may have contacted something in the birth canal and it took time to gestate.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like panleuk to me. Are these kittens from different litters? How do you clean your space in between litters?