Help! Should I worry?

Heyimhoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 month kitten has been getting this red looking discharge around his eyes and I noticed him while he was sleeping he seems to have this red ring around his eyes should I take him to the vet or is this usually normal??

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think I would have a vet check out his eyes - especially with that last pic which seems there is some sort of discolored drainage coming from the inside corners of the eyes. What do his eyes look like when they are open?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heyimhoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I think I would have a vet check out his eyes - especially with that last pic which seems there is some sort of discolored drainage coming from the inside corners of the eyes. What do his eyes look like when they are open?
They look like this I’ve attached a photo, however this strange discolored drainage appears on some days then goes away and comes back from time to time so I’m not really sure what it is
8D79103A-BC83-4D28-875F-632E5280C5CF.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Personally speaking, I think the rims of his eyes look OK from that last pic. There is less 'stuff' in the corners of his eyes in the pic with his eyes open. So, if there is something that he is getting in his eyes, it could cause some redness from some sort of irritation. I would watch him "like a hawk" to see if you can determine where the gunk is coming from - getting food/poop/dirt in his eyes - since it comes and goes.

Hopefully someone with better ideas will soon see your post and respond with their own thoughts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heyimhoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Personally speaking, I think the rims of his eyes look OK from that last pic. There is less 'stuff' in the corners of his eyes in the pic with his eyes open. So, if there is something that he is getting in his eyes, it could cause some redness from some sort of irritation. I would watch him "like a hawk" to see if you can determine where the gunk is coming from - getting food/poop/dirt in his eyes - since it comes and goes.

Hopefully someone with better ideas will soon see your post and respond with their own thoughts!
Will do, thank you for the help!