Help, Pregnant Stray

Jenxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_6075.JPG
hi all, I've got a post on her abot my pregnant ragdoll but this is about a different cat I found.
so today I was out driving and came accross a cat laying on the side of the road, it's just a stray tabby cat, we took her to the vet and she has an injured leg but she is fine, it also turns out she is about 4 weeks pregnant, we brought her back home but my ragdoll is due any day to have her babies, the stray does not like my cat at all nor does my cat like this stray, they keep hissing and growling at each other & from me holding this stray cat who is actually very affectionate with me , I nOw have her scent on me, if I pat this stray cat then go anywhere near my pregnant ragdoll or touch my pregnant ragdoll she actually hisses at me & she's never ever ever done this before ever, she won't even let me near her now, I'm a bit concerned as I'm not sure whether I should let the pregnant stray stay with me or hand her in to rspca.. I'm worried that my Cleo will not let me near her now when she has her babies or if I touch her kittens when they are born and put the strays scent on the kittens I'm worried that my Cleo the ragdoll might turn on her own kittens and harm them? Is this possible? I really do not know what to do

I've attached a photo of her, she's really friendly with me

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's beautiful!

Can you put them in separate rooms? That would be best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are in seperate rooms away from one another but I'm just worried the stranger cats scent being on me and then I go touch my girls kittens that she might turn on her kittens just by the scent of a strange cat one me. I patted the cst we found, 10 mins later go to cuddle my ragdoll , she runs from me, then comes up on the bed and sniffs me and starts growling / hissing at me which she's never done before, that's what concerns me & I definitely don't want to risk her hurting her kittens.. so I'm not sure whether to take her to an animal shelter or leave her here but seperate to my cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try washing your hands in between cats. Even change your shirt.

Since your ragdoll is pregnant, the scent of another cat smells like a predator to her. She is overly protective now of her unborn kittens.

However, if you keep the other cat for now, your cat will grow accustomed to the scent over time.

Is the rspca a no kill shelter?