Help Please,

Farm.momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new to this site and I need help with my little momma kitty. Can some one answer me?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Farm.momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty had her first kitten yesterday ended the evening with 5. But I thought I felt at least one more. She became very restless this evening now she won't let me leave her site and when she got on the bed with me there was fresh blood. Could she be delivering more??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My kitty had her first kitten yesterday ended the evening with 5. But I thought I felt at least one more. She became very restless this evening now she won't let me leave her site and when she got on the bed with me there was fresh blood. Could she be delivering more??
She could. In such situations, we (and most vets) have as advice: as long as she is OK, no visible troubles, she happily occupying herself with her already born kittens, you do observe, but can calmly observe and see.

Some red colored spotting after delivery is normal, some aftercontractions is normal, but if you see she isnt well, there are problems, its best and safest to contact a vet. At least per telephone, they can usually give follow up questions.
But be prepared to take her in...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, delivery another one after 24 hours is fully possible and even fairly common.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. With a little luck, what you felt was the usual swelling in womb, (feels almost as a kitten left), and after it she had some afterpains and some red colored spotting. This is common.

But it MAY be another kittens.

What we hope it isnt, is complications - not that common, but always a possible danger...

Farm.momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She could. In such situations, we (and most vets) have as advice: as long as she is OK, no visible troubles, she happily occupying herself with her already born kittens, you do observe, but can calmly observe and see.

Some red colored spotting after delivery is normal, some aftercontractions is normal, but if you see she isnt well, there are problems, its best and safest to contact a vet. At least per telephone, they can usually give follow up questions.
But be prepared to take her in...
Other than she won't let me leave her alone she is fine, she wants me to rub her tummy and talk to her. I don't have an emergency vet within 100 miles so I wouldn't be able to get her in until the vet opens in about 8 hrs.

Farm.momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ps. With a little luck, what you felt was the usual swelling in womb, (feels almost as a kitten left), and after it she had some afterpains and some red colored spotting. This is common.

But it MAY be another kittens.

What we hope it isnt, is complications - not that common, but always a possible danger...
I know there is something in the birth canal but I don't think it's a complication. I feel pretty dumb considering I've done dnc's on goats, delivered them and do almost all of my animals care. But the cat has me scared because I haven't had a litter since the early 70's. I always get my animals spayed and neutered, but she slipped through the cracks. Won't happen again. Thank you for your help and calming me down.

Farm.momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
F Farm.momma

How are things now? How is mother cat?
I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner but other than her keeping me awake all night, she is doing fine. She decided that the box she was in wasn't good enough, she moved the kittens into the closet and now she's a happy camper. I am too cuz she let me sleep all day. thank you for your help and concern.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s happy in the closet, all is well. Keep us posted! :)