Help Please

Gary1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone i am in need of some urgend help.
I have a beautiful female neutered calico cat...she is about two years old and she has been missing for 11 days now. It all started when a friend came to sleep over by me for a week. He arrive on the friday and the cat went out of the window.it was obvious she did not like a second person in my room. I did not think it was a big deal as she would come back during the night to eat and sleep. She is a indoor/outdoor cat and always come and go for a few hours but she always return to me to sleep during the night. She never came back to eat or sleep. She was fife days missing and i asked everyone if they saw my cat and two people said the saw her playing on my porch on wednesday.....so that was on the fith day! Poor girl must have been starving!! Crying....another thing i want to mention is that we brought in another young female cat in the room that she does not know....maybe that is why she did not come to eat when she was on the porch???? Im scared the other female might have chased her away forever! Im crying as i type. She must have felt so hungry and negleted. Since she was last spotted on wednesday i have seen nothing of her. We stay in a big bush area surrounded by lots of trees birds and animals. I have walked around in the bush looking everywhere for her calling her name and nothing...cry. I put out tuna in the early morning and evening but i only attracted other cats and not her. Me and my cat have been staying here for two months. She is used to the place. Before we moved here we stayed at my parents house about 12 miles away. Would she run away and attemp to return to her previous home????? Or would she still be staying around in this area??? Im so worried..crying. She is my only pet and i stay alone. She is hungry and felt negleted and i hope the other female cat did not chase her away forever??? Wouds she hang around here and come back to my room? The other cat and my friend have left 2 days ago.....she was last seen on my porch 5 days ago. Im so worried i cant imagine her all alone out there in the bush with other animals and stray cats. What are the chanses that she will come back to my room??

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is really hard when our cats go missing. My Link went missing just last year and came home after 4 days with a broken leg. My sister-in-laws cat went missing for an entire month before returning home. The best thing you can do right now is reach out to everyone around you and keep your cat fresh in their minds. Replace the signs at least once a week and use brightly colored paper or printing each time with a new picture. Stay in contact with any rescues or shelters in your area in case she ends up in one. Don't rely on their descriptions and go yourself to check with a photo in hand. If your area is part of nextdoor.com sign up and post there about your cat. Keep checking around your house, under houses and in garages/basements in case she got trapped somewhere.

I am praying that she will come home.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Prayers that your cat comes home very soon. The fact that she was playing on your porch after 5 days is a good sign. Have you gone in the evening with a flashlight? If she is hiding nearby, you might see her eyes shining in the dark. It sounds like there are other cats around who have lived in your area for awhile so she is in their territory and may be too afraid to come out. You might have to put out enough food for the resident cats to eat, plus more for her to eat after they are finished- putting food out in 2 or 3 places is better, so she can have a better chance at a meal. And, yes, she can easily travel 12 miles to her former home. Prayers and vibes that she comes home soon, whether to your place or your parents'. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gary1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanx for all the advice. My cat is still not home :( however my boss spotted her this morning at a compount that is in my block..it is only like 40 meters away! Why doesnt my cat come home if she is so close? Im guessing she is staying in the forest at the time and moving into our complex looking for food. I hope she does not become a stray and cant remember me.....maybe the other cat in my room made her confused and she does not think this is her territory any more?

Gary1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No i haven went into the forest at night i live in south africa and there are quite a few homeless dangerous criminals living in there....ive walked there during the day to look...calling her name. I also checked every nook and cranny in my complex and spoke to all the ppl that live here.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news that your cat has been spotted! Can you place Havahart traps near the forest in the early morning? Traps need to be monitored as the trapped animals are extremely vulnerable but your own safety is paramount. If your family cannot accompany you, you could ask your local churches for some "bodyguards" - the retired members love to be useful! Your cat may or may not revert to being semiferal - even if she does, she will retame very quickly once she is back inside your room.

Gary1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good news my neighbour spotted my cat today!!! She was walking just behing my house in the afternoon. What i dont understand is why she does not come back into my room. The window has been left open permanently since she disappeared. Could it be that some other cat sprayed near my window and now my cat is scared to come in??? I dont have any traps at the moment but will defnitly look into it if she keeps staying away.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap2: Yay! Your kitty is returning to her home territory. Yes, she is either remembering that an "intruder" was in her room or perhaps the feral cats have marked the outside of your building. Hopefully, she will begin coming out to you when you put out food. Thank you for the update!

Gary1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Took a walk early this morning while sun was rising and did not spot her...she also did not come for food as all they stray cats eat it in an instant! Im hoping she finds food in the forest. She has always been a good hunter and was murdering birds,lizards and rats by the dozen at our previous place, and here are plenty!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it breaks my heart to think of those poor starving stray cats. The more that your cat has to hunt for food, the more likely that she will become semi-feral. Keep searching and calling - even if she is hiding from you, hearing and seeing you will keep you familiar.