Help Please Choosing Harness Size!

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:confused:
I am attempting to order Buttercup a harness and leash, but trying to estimate her full size. She is now 4 months and one week old, and she’s quite petite, weighing just over 4 pounds. The vet estimated she will be on the small end of things when full grown. Here are the sizes of harness:

Here is the harness and leash:

It’s a great deal and has great reviews, and it’s just what a want to go with her collar I just order in 12.5 inches:

Thanks so much for your help! If this is as good as I hope, I would suggest this great item because it’s a great deal and so cute!! They both come in other colors, the harness has a gorgeous bronze color that would be lovely on some of your beautiful babies! Let me know thanks!!:hellocomputer:

trickytree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of buying new harnesses/jackets for my two to replace their strap-style harnesses I bought them when they were around eight months old.

My female's neck circumference is 8.5" and her girth is just under 14". She weighs a healthy 11.5 lbs.

My male's neck is 9" in circumference while he has a 15" girth. He weighs about 14 lbs.

Based upon the size guidelines you have provided, I think the XXS is the best option for my female while I would buy an XS for my male.

Here's a good video explaining how to measure: .

That being said, I would get a some form of walking jacket (Kitty Holster, Mynwood Cat Jackets, Butterfly Cat Harness or even jackets for tiny dogs from places like Petsmart. ) instead as they are more secure than strap style harnesses. My cats have manged to free themselves from their strap harnesses by pulling it off backwards, despite being pretty snug on them. Cats have Houdini-like abilities to escape from harnesses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of buying new harnesses/jackets for my two to replace their strap-style harnesses I bought them when they were around eight months old.

My female's neck circumference is 8.5" and her girth is just under 14". She weighs a healthy 11.5 lbs.

My male's neck is 9" in circumference while he has a 15" girth. He weighs about 14 lbs.

Based upon the size guidelines you have provided, I think the XXS is the best option for my female while I would buy an XS for my male.

Here's a good video explaining how to measure: .

That being said, I would get a some form of walking jacket (Kitty Holster, Mynwood Cat Jackets, Butterfly Cat Harness or even jackets for tiny dogs from places like Petsmart. ) instead as they are more secure than strap style harnesses. My cats have manged to free themselves from their strap harnesses by pulling it off backwards, despite being pretty snug on them. Cats have Houdini-like abilities to escape from harnesses.
Thanks that’s just what I was looking for! I figure if it doesn’t fit or work I can always donate it to the shelter. Thanks for taking the time!!:dancingblackcat: