Help! Overdue Pregnant Cat

Sylviahana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe my cat is pregnant and about two weeks ago she seem to be having contractions and was having a little bit of spotting so we thought she was going to give birth but that was two weeks ago and she still hasn’t given birth. on Sunday it’ll be 72 days since she last had sex I’m pretty sure because we’ve been keeping her in. She is acting completely normal and happy she’s running around eating drinking and her breasts or lactating but no babies yet! I’m worried that when she was having contractions two weeks ago she was trying to push them out and wasn’t able to and now they are stuck in there is that possible ? She also doesn’t look as pregnant if that makes sense. She is an almost two year old Himalayan

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are certain that it has been 72 days since she mated, I would take her to the vet to be checked. Pregnancy doesn't normally last more than 70 days. An ultrasound would be able to determine if she is carrying live kittens.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can go over. But 72 is too long. She may look smaller now because the kittens have dropped and are ready. To be safe I would bring her in. Are you sure you absolutely remember teh day you brought her in? If you can't I'd wait a while. as long as she is calm, eevrything ususally is oK.

Gemgem19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
7825BE42-D4EF-4A81-A81F-298C86D00760.jpeg
My cat gave birth today and was eating still even while contracting.
Her pre labour signs was that she kept messing her bed up and went for 5 poops in 24hrs (normally a 1 poop per day) apart from that nothing her plug went 11 days before too. Her waters went at 8.15ish and she was still doing everything as normal until I sat in with her and stroked her then she went to her nest and started contracting once in there she didn’t move and still hasn’t.
Like others have said if she’s very over due go to vets Hun. But each cat is different I struggled finding out about the pooping everything I read said Diaherroa and no eating. Good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sylviahana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There isn’t a vet near us that does ultrasound only x rays.. we will take her to the vet tomorrow if she doesn’t give birth today. I just don’t want to have her get a c section if it’s not needed because I know there’s a high mortality rate. I wouldn’t want to lose her as well tho just wanted some advice to see if this is normal

Sylviahana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And she isn’t showing any signs of miscarriage except a little bit of spotting blood 2 weeks ago

Sylviahana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Turns out it was a false pregnancy!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! That is good she won't have to be adding to the overpopulation. Please please keep her inside until she can be spayed. If she did definitely mate with another cat I would have her tested too, even though it didn't take, as he could have transferred a few different diseases to her through mating.