Help!! Need fermented supplement??

R@ch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, it’s been a minute; hope everyone is well!
So my little runt finally found a food he could eat and not have runny poop…. Yeah for him, me, my sanity and my furniture!!
Here’s the problem, he eats Stella and Chewy Rabbit and it’s apparently MIA due to shortages.
I’ve been able to find VitalCat rabbit and, except for having to pick out bones, it’s getting us through.
The problem is, it makes Jellybean a little constipated. The S&C did as well but adding puréed pumpkin took care of it. Not so much with the VitalCat.
in comparing the ingredients, S&C has a lot of fermented ingredients and I’m wondering if anyone knows of something I might be able to add to the VitalCat as a supplement??
There’s too many to list but I’ll add a pic.
Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
As a note, it pretty much does have to be Rabbit and he doesn’t tolerate veggies.
love you all!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

R@ch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The fermented ingredients are probably just providing some form of probiotic. I'd try adding a probiotic to the food. There's info on using probiotics here:

Probiotics Search - Human Grade and CFUs
Prebiotics & Probiotics for Cats: Healing Inflammation and gut dysbiosis

Have you tried Vital Essentials rabbit? It has no veggies or junk in it. Frozen Raw & Freeze Dried Cat Food | Vital Essentials
Hi and thank you for the response!
I’ll check those probiotics out!
Yes!! I’m currently feeding him VitalCat rabbit but it doesn’t have any of the probiotics and it’s what’s caused him to be a little constipated. It could also be due to making the change. It was supposed to be gradual but my last order of S&C rabbit was cancelled so we only had 4-5 days to transition. He’s still doing great on it though!