Help need advice on Queen with brown discharge

Sam7591

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my queen is over due by my calculation of her due date and has been showing signs that she is ready for labor….but no kittens. She has had milk and brown discharge since last week and yesterday it looked like she had hiccups and her back was moving but today since I have been home nothing….I am worried something might be wrong and she is having trouble delivering them. Any advice is welcome this is my cats first litter and she is young. I am worried about her.

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so my queen is over due by my calculation of her due date and has been showing signs that she is ready for labor….but no kittens. She has had milk and brown discharge since last week and yesterday it looked like she had hiccups and her back was moving but today since I have been home nothing….I am worried something might be wrong and she is having trouble delivering them. Any advice is welcome this is my cats first litter and she is young. I am worried about her.
How long is she overdue? It is ok to wait for a couple of days if she is overdue but a brown discharge indicates that there is a problem, probably an infection and she will need to be taken to the emergency immediately.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, this is an emergency! She needs a C-section, and her kittens may be deceased already. Please get her to a vet ASAP, and keep us posted.

S Sam7591