Help: My Kittens Have Been Assaulted

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I must appreciate the help you guys have been of to mein this community. I just came home from work this eve just to discover my house have been burgled and my poor litle resident kittens Gifa and Sonar assaulted.its been way over two hours now and they are soo scared shivering severely and wont come out from hiding even when am calling which is too unusual when they go into shock, my voice usually calms them. It seems the can't tell the difference between me and everyone else am soo scared. I've tried to calm Gifa down and she's sleeping in her porch now but Sonar may have had to much plus she's limping heavily. What do i do?. I dont want to loose there trust I've been tru it before and never wanna walk that road again. And for the limping the nearest vet is 6 hours drive from my resident. What do io?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - I'm so sorry this happened!!
If you have a way to do it, play some classical harp music - it's known to help calm cats.
Keep an eye on the limping, hopefully it's only a sprain or strain and will gradually improve.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It may take a bit of time, but they will almost certainly come around. That said, I know how heartbreaking this is for you AND for them! Place food and fresh water nearby, and keep speaking gently to them. It has only been a matter of hours since this happened to the three of you, and it might take as much as a day or two for them to start to settle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It may take a bit of time, but they will almost certainly come around. That said, I know how heartbreaking this is for you AND for them! Place food and fresh water nearby, and keep speaking gently to them. It has only been a matter of hours since this happened to the three of you, and it might take as much as a day or two for them to start to settle.
I did just that but they wont come out with me around

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi - I'm so sorry this happened!!
If you have a way to do it, play some classical harp music - it's known to help calm cats.
Keep an eye on the limping, hopefully it's only a sprain or strain and will gradually improve.
Thank you for you care, i dont have a harp but am googling some classical tunes on harp to play, by the way it looks like the more sound i make the more startle they get and they just run into deeper hiding at my movements or door creek

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can, after you get the harp music to play, then let them come out on their own - they'll be ok, it will just take a little time.
Okay thank you very much, if it works as you suggest do you think they would be ready to go into town tomorrow for a vet check? Cos Gifa is still sleeping but her breathing is heavily stressed plus she had some little blood on her nose but i cleaned her up

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for all your support, i work up this morning and they were both in my bed and will only scram at sudden noise. I'm reassured they will adjust plus They did eat well while i slept. I really appreciate all your support.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that they are improving! And they will get a little better with each day that passes. I can tell how much you love your cats, and I am glad that they have suce a caring, understanding person in their lives.