Help! My cat's ear is like- disintegrating off?

Catalyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help!
Recently I have noticed in the past few days that my cat's ear has been almost dissolving from the tip down. Maybe that's a little dramatic. Just let me explain.

For starters and baseline information

I have 2 Cats, one chunky tabby named Chassis, about 7 years old, and one very small but long tabby named C.K. (crackhead kitty), about 1 years old
Chassis used to be an outdoor cat but has been an indoor cat for around 3-4 years now. C.K. has always been an indoor cat.
We recently found out both cats have some weird form of fleas, and we're in the process of getting rid of them.
Both cats usually get along, but they do genuinely fight atleast once a week. Though they do play fight pretty aggressively often.

Now for the issue.

Out of nowhere, and unsure of where it came from, a few days ago we noticed C.K.'s ear was bent slightly at the tip, and seemed kind of red. We had no clue why it was like that, and assumed that somehow she broke the tip of her ear fighting with Chassis or something. We ignored it because it didn't really seem to bother her at all and she seemed fine.
But a few days after that we noticed it getting black and kind of hard. But it still didn't bother her.
The day after we noticed chunks missing, and assumed she again got too aggressive with Chassis. Today we looked at her ear and notice it was in much worse condition. The chunks were hardened and more obvious, and the strange black scabbing crept down her ear further then it was before. Not super far down, but enough to notice it had changed. It almost looks like parts of her ear is disintegrating. It still doesn't seem to be itchy or causing any pain for her.
She seems pretty normal still behavior-wise. As I was writing this she happily bit my toes and curled up on my lap. I heard some people say that her ear could be rotting off and to pay attention to any smell coming from the flesh in that area, but there's no scent besides her regular kitty-smell.

please guys, any help would be appreciated. i know it's probably nothing and she's fine, but as an over-thinker it gets hard sometimes. Ideally I would like to avoid taking her to the vet as much as possible, unless we absolutely have too. I looked everywhere on the internet and couldn't find much about this, so if you have any ideas at all I would love to hear them. This is one of my only hopes. I appreciate it y'all, thank you so much for your time and ideas!